Thread: Daves Seat

Spyder Garage

Default Daves Seat

I installed the medical grade seat "pad"....big improvement! I added the Tri Axis bars, show chrome backrest and highway pegs as well, all this for under the cost of a high end seat. The comfort level is way better then stock and better then expected. While putting in the gel pad I also carved up the stock seat some. One area that was not comfortable was the crotch area where the family jewels hit the seat. The angle of the stock seat is to steep so I trimmed down this area essentially making a right angle and now have proper room for the jewels. I also trimmed the lumbar support back about an inch, big difference.

I sent a picture of my RT to a "friend" in Florida who has two Harley's (I have done the Harley thing and tired of playing Halloween dress up bad ass thing) His response was nice bike ..."did it come with a box of depends". I have not responded because I am not sure if Iam to sensitive or he is just an **shole.

Spyder Garage

Did you do the Tri Axis yourself or have it done. Thinking about doing myself but depending on install price sometimes it is worth parting with the cash. Harley guys are funny, I ride with to rather large groups and a very large group came from Harleys he may one day be riding next to you on a Spyder too.
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Thopper View Post
    I installed the medical grade seat "pad"....big improvement! I added the Tri Axis bars, show chrome backrest and highway pegs as well, all this for under the cost of a high end seat. The comfort level is way better then stock and better then expected. While putting in the gel pad I also carved up the stock seat some. One area that was not comfortable was the crotch area where the family jewels hit the seat. The angle of the stock seat is to steep so I trimmed down this area essentially making a right angle and now have proper room for the jewels. I also trimmed the lumbar support back about an inch, big difference.

I sent a picture of my RT to a "friend" in Florida who has two Harley's (I have done the Harley thing and tired of playing Halloween dress up bad ass thing) His response was nice bike ..."did it come with a box of depends". I have not responded because I am not sure if Iam to sensitive or he is just an **shole.
    Option 2 sounds right. Not worth a reply. IMO

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My wife and I love our gel pads from Motorcycle Dave, too.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

I had the dealer I purchased the RT from install the Tri bars. The spyder mechanic at this dealer (Ride Now Vista CA. ) is very good. They charged me one hour ...$125.00 I couldn't pass this up after looking at the you tube vids.of the install.

Spyder Garage

I’ve seen complaints about a gel insert getting too hot. Can you tell me if this is the case in your experience?
    2016 F3L , Big Bike Parts Black

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My wife and I haven’t had any problems with toasty buns due to the gel pads since installing them. The sun shines pretty strong in Illinois this time of year but Arizona or the like may be a little different.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

YES. And when you whack open the throttle you had better be wearing one of the Depends
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

I was out today doing errands in the brutal SoCal heat/sun. The seat was cooler then without the gel pad....hard to feel through the depends though.

Spyder Garage

Very nice thanks for the reply.
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by papanorm View Post
    I’ve seen complaints about a gel insert getting too hot. Can you tell me if this is the case in your experience?
    No. Yes it will warm up but because it is a special medical grade it does not get hot. I have had mine in for 3 years now and it has never become uncomfortable. This in the heat of the Utah desert. I have never regretted putting in Dave's gel pad for one moment. It turned a 2 hour seat into an all day one.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze