Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate Seat Question? (Intense Pearl Red Spyder)

Might be a long shot. Looking to see if anyone here has an Intense Pearl Spyder with an Ultimate Seat that has the color inlays?
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chasinsparks View Post
    Might be a long shot. Looking to see if anyone here has an Intense Pearl Spyder with an Ultimate Seat that has the color inlays?
    Is this what you wanted to see? Ultimate seat w. red inlays on a 2017 F3L
    20180109_150740.jpg 20180109_150716.jpg
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Yes thanks for the pics, is that the Dark Red Ostrich or the Bright Red. I want to order one but want the right color. also did you get the heated version, if how does it work?
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chasinsparks View Post
    Yes thanks for the pics, is that the Dark Red Ostrich or the Bright Red. I want to order one but want the right color. also did you get the heated version, if how does it work?
    Phone Des or Dave and ask about the color you want; I always get confused because one red seat color on their site looks to be OK, but they told me I actually have the other. They are good people, and they'll sort it out so that you get the right match. Seat performs well; doubled my ryding time that I can go without a break. Did not get the heated seat, so cannot tell you about that.

A couple of other things: Ultimate seat is one-piece; stock seat is two-piece. You will need to transfer the locking post pin from your stock passenger seat to the Ultimate, and adjust. No big deal; takes 5 minutes and a couple of wrenches. Seats fits down and locks in place same way; turn key to release.

In our experience, the Ultimate seat raised me, as driver, up about 3/4" to 1" compared to stock seat. That change is fairly minimal, but could affect your position vis-a-vis pegs/floorboards or windshield height, but probably not drastically. When my passenger sat in the stock seat of our F3L, she looked over my helmet while riding. The Ultimate seat driver position not only raised me 1", but it also seems to have lowered her, relative to me, by about 1-1/2", so that she now no longer looks over my helmet. That has been a slight disappointment for her viewing pleasure, but her seat is comfortable and she enjoys the ride. She was happy enough with the stock seat; I couldn't tolerate it for more than 45 minutes max. Even an additional Airhawk pad only allowed me to go about 75 minutes before aching quite badly. Now, as I say, I can make 3 hours+ before stopping, if I really want to. Older hips!!!!

Good luck with your seat shopping. For us, the Ultimate seat with colored inlays was the best looking choice available, though seat comfort should be your first goal. YMMV; not all bums are the same.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the great information. I have been on a few with the seat and like how it feels, the color is just an added bonus.
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

Color match via pictures can be an issue. The color dyes for the picture are not exactly the same as the actual material.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red