Spyder Garage

Default 1 year-12 days…….wahoooo all complete!

October 18th 2021 I hit a deer and totally destroyed the front end, windshield, dash etc. I posted this in another thread with all the details last year. Well last night, the dealer finally finished the last part that was backordered. I actually got the spyder 3/4 fixed back last May and put just over 14500 miles on since. Parts like the fog light lens assembly was still cracked which I simply siliconed and packing taped and waited for it to come in. The foot peg support was cracked and I superglued a piece of metal under it and then plastic welded around it. Other little things trickled in till July. After 1 year and 12 days, she is now back to OEM! They even waxed cleaned and steamed her. She looks brand new! I know people warned me about the insurance part, but I will say I am very pleased and proud of State Farm’s! They paid 100 percent of everything including the deductible since I hit a deer. They also allowed me to have it assembled and then disassembled as parts came in due to the long backorder time. It was a total of 6 hours labor extra and they paid since it had to be disassembled completely 2 times. They paid me personally for $1200 in accessories and lights. The total bill came to $11739 and they paid every penny. A success story after an accident to report! Happy tuesday! By the way I’ll be ripping her up on Saturday to just make sure everything is correct…………Its going to be a 70 degree rare November day in the north east! Here’s to everyone…….Have a great day!

By the way they even paid for a new Klim jacket. Mine was covered in blood and snagged up a bit. That was a separate claim they paid for. So they also bought me a $600 new jacket. That was a bit of work with pictures and having to take to my personal agent with receipts, company documentary and cleaners notes saying it was impossible to fix, but they paid for it. They also offered to pay for the helmet but that cleaned up fine and never hit the ground. Didn’t want to take to much advantage of the situation!
    Last edited by Wmoater; 11-01-2022 at 10:04 AM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Glad everything worked out for you. It is nice to read a post where the insurance company and dealer fully satisfied the customer.
    2015 F3S SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
    Glad everything worked out for you. It is nice to read a post where the insurance company and dealer fully satisfied the customer.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    October 18th 2021 I hit a deer and totally destroyed the front end, windshield, dash etc. I posted this in another thread with all the details last year. Well last night, the dealer finally finished the last part that was backordered. I actually got the spyder 3/4 fixed back last May and put just over 14500 miles on since. Parts like the fog light lens assembly was still cracked which I simply siliconed and packing taped and waited for it to come in. The foot peg support was cracked and I superglued a piece of metal under it and then plastic welded around it. Other little things trickled in till July. After 1 year and 12 days, she is now back to OEM! They even waxed cleaned and steamed her. She looks brand new! I know people warned me about the insurance part, but I will say I am very pleased and proud of State Farm’s! They paid 100 percent of everything including the deductible since I hit a deer. They also allowed me to have it assembled and then disassembled as parts came in due to the long backorder time. It was a total of 6 hours labor extra and they paid since it had to be disassembled completely 2 times. They paid me personally for $1200 in accessories and lights. The total bill came to $11739 and they paid every penny. A success story after an accident to report! Happy tuesday! By the way I’ll be ripping her up on Saturday to just make sure everything is correct…………Its going to be a 70 degree rare November day in the north east! Here’s to everyone…….Have a great day!

By the way they even paid for a new Klim jacket. Mine was covered in blood and snagged up a bit. That was a separate claim they paid for. So they also bought me a $600 new jacket. That was a bit of work with pictures and having to take to my personal agent with receipts, company documentary and cleaners notes saying it was impossible to fix, but they paid for it. They also offered to pay for the helmet but that cleaned up fine and never hit the ground. Didn’t want to take to much advantage of the situation!
    A wonderful experience during this process. Thank You for the Post.

Stay Healthy. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Wow, I had a total reframe done and it was cheaper than that, but not by much it was around 10.7K. I guess I shouldn't of complained that it took them 4 months to do it.

It's amazing with what they can get away with now and it is considered "good" customer service.

I'm glad you finally got everything straightened out and insurance covered it all but I am still just shaking my head and glad I no longer work doing any type of service or warranty repairs on equipment anymore.

It sounds like a parts nightmare out there right now. And yep got a new helmet out of mine too as the back of my head hit the curb hard enough it cracked the helmet in the back.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 11-05-2022 at 06:13 AM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear spyder and driver r ok!!
    2022 Spyder RTL- Chrome , Larger brake pedal Deep Marsala Red