Spyder Garage

Default rubber grommet mount found

When I had my spyder up on the jack it tilted and one side went down. After righting it I ground this on the floor. Any ideas where it came from? Thanks, Mike PS everyone get out and ride
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Any loose panels?
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

None that I has noticed. Man you've been to alotta states, how'd you miss Ohio
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Check the panels next to your knees. Those two "false" fasteners actually have a tab that protrudes into a grommet. Often times that grommet will dislodge when the panel is installed. Push on and release each of the false fasteners to see if they are tight, or loose. Easy to tell. Not a real big problem if the grommet is not there..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

40 years of riding MC's. Once of the events I've attended was in Louisville. Went all the way across on 80 then checked out Tenn. while I was there. Then went east and up through NY and back across Canada. 3 weeks, 8200 miles. Just kinda missed it.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

That came off your Tri-Axis Handel bars.

Ride safe!
    2022 Sea-T0-Sky

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Top of the handlebars in the middle

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No it's not off the Tai-Axis bars as the small rubber plug doesn't look anything like what is pictured.

What I see pictured it what would come off a panel and push into a grommet. Could be one of the pins on the panels that are next to the knees. You see 2 screws on each side and they are fake as they are what hold the pins in place. If one is missing it wouldn't affect the panel as they are a very tight fit.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No. Its not one of the pins on the side they are one pin each on the side that plugs into the grommets

Spyder Garage

t
    THANKS EVERYONE, i HAVEN'T FOUND ANYTHING YET, BUT NEXT TIME SHES UP IN THE AIR i'LL CHECK EVERYWHERE.
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    No it's not off the Tai-Axis bars as the small rubber plug doesn't look anything like what is pictured.

What I see pictured it what would come off a panel and push into a grommet. Could be one of the pins on the panels that are next to the knees. You see 2 screws on each side and they are fake as they are what hold the pins in place. If one is missing it wouldn't affect the panel as they are a very tight fit.
    This is the rubber cover for the center adjusting nut on a Tri-Axis bars, I had that same piece in my hands today...
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ah, OK. I've never pulled it all the way off. I just lift up to lower part and make adjustments. The image doesn't help with size. Looked bigger.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Default rubber grommet mount found better pics

Here are a couple of better pics. Thanks, Mike
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

I don't know where that does go but I do know it is not one of the grommets under the side panels as those are large rubber o rings that the pins in the side panels fit into.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Post #12 is where it suppose to go.

Or post a pic of your handlebars like in post #12

Spyder Garage

One of your friends was there while you was working on it and had a strange looking piece in his pocket. He slipped it under the bike to confuse you and he is sitting at home laughing his ass off right now.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    One of your friends was there while you was working on it and had a strange looking piece in his pocket. He slipped it under the bike to confuse you and he is sitting at home laughing his ass off right now.
    Always a prankster in the crowd Another good one for the summer is turning your buddies heated grips on and watching him 'HOT HAND' it until it finally dawns on him.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

The heated grip I did to myself... Riding back from west side of Oahu.. With gloves... Man did my hands get warm... I finally looked down.. Yup, I did it to myself... If nothing else, they work great... Not recommended for Hawaii.. Lol....
    2012 RTS SE5 , Spider Web Brake pedal Orbital blue

Spyder Garage

Yeah, probably my wife
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jeriatric View Post
    Always a prankster in the crowd Another good one for the summer is turning your buddies heated grips on and watching him 'HOT HAND' it until it finally dawns on him.
    If the one who did it is riding a Japanese bike, you can get even by pouring a pile of rice under his bike, then point it out to him and tell him it is leaking.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Default Founder rubber piece

Found 2 better than pics, its not from the handlebars I have the triaxis bars
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

I believe that is from the OEM bars. It covered the place where the GPS mount goes. Most likely fell out when the Tri Axis bars were installed.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I checked this morning on mine that is off the TRi Axis bars.

Well anyway good luck!