Thread: ecu flash

Spyder Garage

Default ecu flash

has anyone had problems with faults codes after flash? I have 2014 rtl thinking about having it flashed
    2021 f3l , large pedal pad and lamonster lowering rod liquid titanum

Spyder Garage

ECU flash may cause the following: rapid acceleration, premature wear of rear tire, soreness of cheek muscles from constant grinning, speeding tickets, unexplained happiness when riding, wanting to race everyone you can, beating everyone you race, unexplained laughing & regretting of not doing it sooner. Please consult with your forum before attempting.
    It really is a sickness!
    2015 F3S-T , Black Black & Black

Spyder Garage

I have had my Aussie ECU flash now for 12 months, Pam, and have had no fault codes.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

ECU flash has been GREAT. Pulls just fine up the grades in Montana and Idaho. 2 up and fully loaded , no problems. No codes at all.
    LewL
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JS3535 View Post
    ECU flash may cause the following: rapid acceleration, premature wear of rear tire, soreness of cheek muscles from constant grinning, speeding tickets, unexplained happiness when riding, wanting to race everyone you can, beating everyone you race, unexplained laughing & regretting of not doing it sooner. Please consult with your forum before attempting.
    believe it or not, my stage one flashed, all stock exhaust, F3L gives my 1700 Vmax a good run for it's money. My friend drove my Spyder hard and fast, and when I followed I found it took a huge amount of Vmax throttle to keep pace. When I was in the lead I had to get into warp factor 9 on my Vmax to bury my pesky F3L.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis in Lodi View Post
    believe it or not, my stage one flashed, all stock exhaust, F3L gives my 1700 Vmax a good run for it's money. My friend drove my Spyder hard and fast, and when I followed I found it took a huge amount of Vmax throttle to keep pace. When I was in the lead I had to get into warp factor 9 on my Vmax to bury my pesky F3L.
    That's an impressive accolade ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Cool

Hi Dennis,
    I don't believe it. The ECU flash is great!!!! Worth every $$. BUT-------- my poor, old slow, modified gen 1 V-Max will eat my " chipped" RT for lunch. On a twisty mountain road without my wife on board---- the would certainly hold its own though.
    Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well, I too have a 1700 Vmax and a 2016 F3T that I am going to get the flash done to. I don't see anyway that this brick of a spyder could ever keep up with the Vmax, or even come close in acceleration. I would love to believe you, and hope that you are correct. If you are, then I will be the first to post it here. But I am truly looking forward to doing this mod. I will not be competing with anything like my mighty Vmax, but it will be nice to show some of my M109 buddies how things should be done. They have a hard time keeping up with me now in stock trim.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pam135 View Post
    has anyone had problems with faults codes after flash?
    With MaptunerX, yes. Immediately after programming an error message can occur. This can be deleted with the Maptuner. In rare cases, the key must be removed removed for a minute. After that, there are no more error messages.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Well, I too have a 1700 Vmax and a 2016 F3T that I am going to get the flash done to. I don't see anyway that this brick of a spyder could ever keep up with the Vmax, or even come close in acceleration. I would love to believe you, and hope that you are correct. If you are, then I will be the first to post it here. But I am truly looking forward to doing this mod. I will not be competing with anything like my mighty Vmax, but it will be nice to show some of my M109 buddies how things should be done. They have a hard time keeping up with me now in stock trim.
    Actually, it's the corners where my Spyder made ground with it's Elka suspension. My Vmax is a pig to wrestle in the corners and I don't want to find the limit for holding a corner. What I was saying is I had to push the throttle surprisingly hard on my Vamx to close a gap on the Spyder when it had the jump on me. Kind of like the Hair and tortoise thing. Pesky little Spyder made me work really hard on my Vmax to show who was really boss.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i have stage 2 with cat delete shes a quick one also got up to 115 mph the other day on highway oh ya shes a 16 f3

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pam135 View Post
    has anyone had problems with faults codes after flash? I have 2014 rtl thinking about having it flashed
    Contact these people here: www.wickit-performance.com
    they are good people and will give you the advice/service you need.
    Theres two stages to choose from. I had the stage II done on mine..and it runs like its supposed to be from the factory. its fast!!!! the 1330 has a lot of untapped horsepower. in which you will find out shortly if you decide to get it.
    I didnt get any fault codes.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Actually, it's the corners where my Spyder made ground with it's Elka suspension. My Vmax is a pig to wrestle in the corners and I don't want to find the limit for holding a corner. What I was saying is I had to push the throttle surprisingly hard on my Vamx to close a gap on the Spyder when it had the jump on me. Kind of like the Hair and tortoise thing. Pesky little Spyder made me work really hard on my Vmax to show who was really boss.
    Ok, I will give you a little on that. I actually think the generation 2 Vmax does really well in the corners. I feel more confident doing it on the spyder, but the Vmax is definitely faster for me (even in the curves). I was just in the NC mountains and took the Vmax on the famous Dragon for the first time. Exciting to say the least.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white