Spyder Garage

Default Brake light wiring issue

I would like to see if anyone on here has attempted to install the underbody lights made by LED glow. The only problem I’m having is there is a wire on a module that I can tie into the brake light on the F3S and when I depress the brake pedal all the LEDs will turn red. That function works properly. The problem I’m having is the Can-Am uses a single wire to operate the brake and turn signal function. I have it tied into the left brake light wire so anytime I use the left signal all the LED’s flash which is not what it’s supposed to do. Is there a wire coming off of the brake pedal actuator that I can access and splice into before it is tied to the turn signal so that this does not happen? I have used a test light but so far I have not been able to find a dedicated brake light wire. Any help that anyone could give me would be much appreciated. Thanks !

Spyder Garage

Which LEDGlow light kit are you trying to install? How many hookup wires are on the light kit and how many light strips? I'm assuming the light kit has three wires (one for ground, one for 12V pos, one for 12V brake) that need to be connected.

Spyder Garage

For switchable power look under the passenger seat. You'll find two cables, one for each rear brake light.
    With the right superseal connectors you can actually build your own cable for splicing and plug it there without cutting or splicing any of the original cables.

For power with engine running (only) use the auxiliary power lines (1 near the battery at the front, 1 under the left cover or 1 under the passenger seat).
    For power with ignition ON use the dedicated GPS power line (located near and under the side cover with the Spyder sticker, left side for european models and I believe on the right side for US/Canadian models).
    2018 F3S , Monolith Black Satin

Spyder Garage

I will assume you are asking a F3S 2017 or earlier model. Because there is a difference. You need to tap into the brake light wire before the Brake/Flasher module. Not after they have been combine. The module is under the pillion seat I think. The brake wire is white with no tracer color. But be careful the Can Bus lines are white as well with tracer. So don't get yourself in trouble and tap into the wrong wire.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Wires and colors. Horrible manual though.

brake.jpg
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

I actually solved my problem by tapping into my wiring harness that was installed by Bushtec to pull my trailer. I tapped into the brake light wire on the harness. It works perfectly. Thanks for everyone’s input.

Active Member NorthAlabamaSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

smart
    2019 F3-T and some extra stuff

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by garmon1966 View Post
    I actually solved my problem by tapping into my wiring harness that was installed by Bushtec to pull my trailer. I tapped into the brake light wire on the harness. It works perfectly. Thanks for everyone’s input.
    Brilliant!
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey