Spyder Garage

Default Rivco Double Flag Holder

Just spent 2 1/2 hrs in the HOT Florida sun trying to mount the flag holders so that the rear trunk will latch. Don't know what the problem was. Everyone says they never had a problem. Finally would up with a metal washer that I had on the bottom, and one of their plastic washers on top. Still have to slam it down very hard to make it latch.

Spyder Garage

Can’t the trunk latch be adjusted so you don’t have to slam shut?

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Can’t the trunk latch be adjusted so you don’t have to slam shut?
    Tried it every way that I possibly could. They use round head screws which increases the height. If they would countersink the screw holes and use flat head screws, it would probably be better.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Baron14y View Post
    Tried it every way that I possibly could. They use round head screws which increases the height. If they would countersink the screw holes and use flat head screws, it would probably be better.
    Did you get the FH400 flag holders? I know one person got the FH450 and had a hard time because they are made for the F3.
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well, that’s a good question. ^^^.

And Baron, the plastic washers go IN the holes in the body panel below the bracket. The bracket lays flush on the body panel. You will then have clearance with the top of the screws and at the side. The bracket is not resting on a washer. Sounds like you have the bracket resting on a metal washer, so it’s now too high. But yeah, make sure that you ordered the correct one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post
    Well, that’s a good question. ^^^.

And Baron, the plastic washers go IN the holes in the body panel below the bracket. The bracket lays flush on the body panel. You will then have clearance with the top of the screws and at the side. The bracket is not resting on a washer. Sounds like you have the bracket resting on a metal washer, so it’s now too high. But yeah, make sure that you ordered the correct one.
    Actually, I followed the instructions implicitly, with the plastic washers in the hole. If you look closely, they are too thick and actually sit above the hole. The washer I am using is even with the top of the hole, or slightly below. I then tried various washers in various ways as well as moving the bracket around and trying to adjust the latch. What I described above was the only way it would latch. Why the problem, I haven't a clue. Tomorrow morning I may try again. Of course, my wife will probably kill me for fooling with it again. But, now it is a challenge.

Spyder Garage

VICTORY!! I removed the plastic washers from the top and put on a thin washer I had in my stash. Made a small adjustment to the latch. Now, I can drop the lid from 2" and it latches. Yeah.

Spyder Garage

Excellent. Go show your colors. Just an FYI - If flying the US flag with another different flag, the US flag goes on the right.

Doug

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Excellent. Go show your colors. Just an FYI - If flying the US flag with another different flag, the US flag goes on the right.
    I was not aware of that. It shall be changed.

Spyder Garage

Yeah. I looked it up a few years ago when I got my flag holder. There’s flag etiquette for everything I guess. It’s also sometimes referred to as “parade right”. This site just happens to have a picture. Ride safe. Watch out for deer.

https://www.flagandbanner.com/flags/...tiquette.asp#h

Doug

Spyder Garage

Yeah. I looked it up a few years ago when I got my flag holder. There’s flag etiquette for everything I guess. It’s also sometimes referred to as “parade right”. This site just happens to have a picture. Ride safe. Watch out for deer.

https://www.flagandbanner.com/flags/...tiquette.asp#h
    Don't have to worry about the deer. It's so hot, they are all in the pool.

Spyder Garage

Glad you got it worked out. When I installed mine, I had to replace 1 of the included washers with a slightly thinner one to get it to flush up perfectly. Lucky for me, I had a bunch of extra plastic washers in the fastener organizer in the garage. But it wasn't a big problem with the orig ones per instructions, just had to push lightly to make it latch. But I knew that would keep uneven stress on the trunk lid/latch and it created a slightly noticeable cant at the seam between lid and trunk (wider on 1 side than the other). It's been perfect since I swapped that 1 washer out.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Glad you got it worked out. When I installed mine, I had to replace 1 of the included washers with a slightly thinner one to get it to flush up perfectly. Lucky for me, I had a bunch of extra plastic washers in the fastener organizer in the garage. But it wasn't a big problem with the orig ones per instructions, just had to push lightly to make it latch. But I knew that would keep uneven stress on the trunk lid/latch and it created a slightly noticeable cant at the seam between lid and trunk (wider on 1 side than the other). It's been perfect since I swapped that 1 washer out.
    I'm sure glad it wasn't just me.