Spyder Garage

Default F3T Camber adjustment ?

Good morning everyone,

Is there a possible adjustment for the "camber" on an F3 ? For what I have found, it looks like there's no way to make any adjustment of any kind.

I had never noticed before but when I look at my Spyder from the front, the right wheel seems to have too much positive camber (the top of the wheel to the outside of the Spyder). My left wheel looks like it is approximately at a 0, but not the right one.

I know that my measuring method is less that accurate, but I put a level on my wheel. From the base of the tire to the top of it, the left one is about leveled. In comparison, the right one is about 1/2 inch of positive camber (so the bottom if the wheel needs to go outside of the spyder to get leveled as the left one). Even if my measuring is not accurate, it shows that there a major difference between both sides.

I understand that I'm looking at it without any load, but I guess that both wheel/shock should be about the same without weight and they will behave the same way when I'm on it ?

It could explain why I feel that it has a lot more understeer when cornering left compare to the right.

But is there a possible adjustment?

And if not, what can cause that ?

Thanks !
    X-Grip Ram Mount Phone Holder, Lamonster Fog and driving lights, BRP Heated grip, Home made rear rack + Shad SH58X top case, BRP belt tensioner
    2016 F3T , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MagYukon View Post
    Good morning everyone,

Is there a possible adjustment for the "camber" on an F3 ? For what I have found, it looks like there's no way to make any adjustment of any kind.

I had never noticed before but when I look at my Spyder from the front, the right wheel seems to have too much positive camber (the top of the wheel to the outside of the Spyder). My left wheel looks like it is approximately at a 0, but not the right one.

I know that my measuring method is less that accurate, but I put a level on my wheel. From the base of the tire to the top of it, the left one is about leveled. In comparison, the right one is about 1/2 inch of positive camber (so the bottom if the wheel needs to go outside of the spyder to get leveled as the left one). Even if my measuring is not accurate, it shows that there a major difference between both sides.

I understand that I'm looking at it without any load, but I guess that both wheel/shock should be about the same without weight and they will behave the same way when I'm on it ?

It could explain why I feel that it has a lot more understeer when cornering left compare to the right.

But is there a possible adjustment?

And if not, what can cause that ?

Thanks !
    Howdy;

Yer right - from what I've read to-date, only Toe is adjustable.

==> https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...=1#post1453717

Job 1 fer you, rather than speculating, is to go have yer front end inspected & measured professionally. Only way to be sure.

Regarding cause - hit any deer or giant potholes lately?

Good luck!
    Cheers
    E
    Last edited by Entropy; 07-02-2019 at 08:09 AM. Reason: added linky

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

When the engineers at BRP designed the front suspension for the Spyders, they chose the least complicated way of achieving what was needed for the system to work. The Spyder suspension / steering could have been more precise, however that would become more expensive. ….. So the re is no Camber adjustment …. not Caster …..jmho …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Camber is technically non adjustable, however, if you alter the ride height, camber will change.

Chances are, the bike is not laterally level.

Spyder Garage

Try finding someone to do a laser alignment. Adjusting it yourself could trigger a fault code in the computer.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

I finally resolve this thing.

After looking at every bushing on the front end and that everything was good, we went to changing shock.

I replace the OEM for Elka stage 2.

What a difference !!!

Now, both wheels seems to have a correct camber.

And taking curves in any direction is just a pure pleasure

There were also a bit of alignment to do. the right wheel, the one that I had a bad camber, was a little to much "Toe In". Which Is kind of strange considering that a did a laser alignment last year.

Our conclusion is that the right shock was probably too smooth compared to the left one which was causing it's wheel to appear to have a bad camber and to not react correctly when compressed in a left turn.

So, now everything is just fine and with the Elka, even better than before
    X-Grip Ram Mount Phone Holder, Lamonster Fog and driving lights, BRP Heated grip, Home made rear rack + Shad SH58X top case, BRP belt tensioner
    2016 F3T , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    When the engineers at BRP designed the front suspension for the Spyders, they chose the least complicated way of achieving what was needed for the system to work. The Spyder suspension / steering could have been more precise, however that would become more expensive. ….. So the re is no Camber adjustment …. not Caster …..jmho …. Mike
    Back into a parking spot with a high curb--that should do it. No charge for this advice :-)
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black