Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CA Railwhale View Post
    The fender tip lights/turn signals aren't daytime running lights. The DTLs are the headlights that are on anytime the engine is running. That's why no one is paying any attention to you, your complaint has no basis in fact.
    I agree. I guess I fail to see the point in all this, filing with the NHTSA
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the NHTSA is part of DOT... regardless, I've filed my complaint with the NHTSA. They are going to investigate.
    So you've gone and filed a complaint with the feds just because you think there's a problem with the position lights ? Do you think that just maybe some further investigation was warranted before doing this ? You've created a problem where there was none. Hard to believe . . . .
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Technically the rear indicators on RT's aren't compliant with Australian Design rules either if taken to the letter, but here an exemption was granted. Perhaps there is a similar exemption there or its not relevant

Approval No.: 38891 Issue Date: 30 October 2017

Schedule 5

Minor and Inconsequential Non-compliance with the ADR 67/00

The number and position of the rear lamps on this vehicle do not comply with the requirements of ADR 67/00.

Clauses 67.4.4.1.1, 67.4.7.1.1 & 67.4.8.1.1 specify one stop, rear position and rear reflex reflector. This vehicle is fitted with 2 of each of these devices.

Clause 67.4.3.3.3.1 specifies that the rear direction indicator lamps shall not be located more that 300 mm from the rear of the vehicle. The lamps on this vehicle are located approximately 460 mm from the rear of the vehicle.

These features are approved as minor and inconsequential non-compliances.
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Fact of the matter is that BuRP cheaped out on the 2019's in regards to the turn signal positioning, and that is what I would be pissed about if I was a 2019 owner....but then again BuRP did drop the price on the 2019's compared to the 2018's, and with that 2019 owners have something to cheer, and of course I'm happy my 18 has turn signal mirrors!!!

At the end of the day all that counts is that you enjoy waking up with the ability to enjoy the great outdoors on whatever you ride
    2018 F3 Limited , Black/Chrome