I had posted this in the main section before I found this section so thought Id repost here.

Ive got a 2017 F3 Ltd that I just purchased. Im also a paraplegic and thus have not use of the foot brake. I started looking into the handbrake option online. I learned about ISCI handbrake and though Id go that route....$2100 Canuck didnt sound fun but I wanted a good functioning unit. I called Feb 3 and was told they were at least 2 weeks out waiting for parts. (Its now June 26 and they "may" have parts by Friday and then have to anodize and box the units up to be shipped). The wait time plus the time to ship to Canada were looking like it was going to take longer than a month and I didnt want to wait that long to ride.

In reading the forum I saw where others used the XS650 22mm bore master cylinder https://www.mikesxs.net/yamaha-xs650...-assembly.html
and the Coleman slave cylinder https://www.ebay.com/itm/COLEMAN-BIL...72.m2749.l2649

It looked like the easy route on the F3 was to mount the slave in front of the foot brake lever, similar to what ISCI does. The Coleman slave claims 1 3/8" stroke with 22mm bore master cylinder, which the XS650 master has. The stock brake rod only has 3/4-7/8" total stroke when used hard by someones foot. With the 1 3/8 slave stroke I thought this all sounded great and that I could gain some mechanical advantage by mounting the slave cyl lower on the brake lever where I could use this full stroke......heres where the problems started.

I mounted the master on the bars which was quite a bit of work since the throttle block containing the hazard, cruise control buttons was so large. The hand brake lever interfered slightly with the throttle block but I expected it would still work. I made a mount for the slave that attached to the main frame the brake and running board mounted on and then measured the length for the hydraulic line. Once it was all connected and bled the slave cylinder was only moving 3/8" total. I wondered if there was still air but bled it repeated with no escaping air. I then wondered if the the hand lever inference made enough difference so I manufactured a custom longer hand brake lever that fully cleared the block and reached the grip. The change was subtle at best. I contacted the XS6560 master cylinder sales people and asked the stroke of the 22mm dia master cylinder...its only 15mm. If the bore of the slave cylinder was also 22mm (never measured but upon disassembly looked about right) the would only move the slave the same 15mm (9/16-5/8") My mechanical advantage was now a great disadvantage.

I moved the slave push location to 1/2 way between the foot brake lever pivot point and the stock push rod location. This made things better but the brakes to weak to provide enough stopping power for emergency braking. Unfortunately there wasnt a lot more room to move the slave push location closer to the pivot.

Just a heads up for everyone.