Spyder Garage

Default Removing seat on 2009 RS

Any tips for removing the seat? I removed the bolt to remove the tailpiece, to access the seat bolts, but the tailpiece would not budge. Did not want to pry to hard and break the tailpiece
    David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black

Spyder Garage

Looking at your avatar picture you've got a topbox and I'm guessing that's mounted to a rack? Hard to work out if it is or not as its such a small picture.

If its not and it is the plastic tailpiece there's there's the single bolt underneath which is sounds like you've found but also a tab down each side that clicks in under the light. Trick is to ease one side up and then the other, pulling from the side and back. There's probably an official way to do it but I've not worked it out:-)

However if you have got the rack then its a bit more involved. Its been a while since I've need to but from memory you have to Remove the single bolt underneath same one as for the rack. Remove two bolts from underneath on either side to release the underside part of the rack. Then remove the rack lid by pulling a red pull lever under the seat on the right hand side and lifting it (two pulls of the lever normally required as it has a safety stop) and then the 4 big bolts that were hidden by the lid, then finally you can pull the rack back and off.

I'll try and find some photos I can put some arrows on.