Spyder Garage

Default Replaced broken windsield bracket with my own 3D printed design

And 'Viola'. It's done. It's not shiny like an aluminum billet, but it sure is strong. This particular filament has 6000psi tensile strength.
    I could easily print more and resell. Not sure how much to sell. Send me a PM if you're interested.

It took me a few hours to design, revise and perfect. The hardest part is getting the old one off. I chose to remove the small end with the magnet; preserving the integrity of the gear.

I could trim down the locking bolt as I didn't have a 22mm bold on hand, just 25mm's. OH, in case someone want to critique it: The layers are printed from barrel to barrel. This part will not split like the original.
    Spyder Windshield Bracket.jpg
    IMG_5595.jpg
    IMG_5597.jpg
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Let us know how it holds up under driving conditions

Spyder Garage

Update: My only issue is I must have messed up the orientation of the magnet. Even after using a sharpie to mark original positions, I'm having issues with getting the gearing to work as intended. This has nothing to do with the part i replaced. It could easily have been made out of phase/orientation with the original part.

ideas how to fix?
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

Some have had the same problem with our Billet Alloy one and we suggest rotating the arm 180' and that has worked.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

THIS IS A VERY CLASSY ACT...One competitor helping another...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by larryd View Post
    THIS IS A VERY CLASSY ACT...One competitor helping another...
    Yes, I agree 100%.

As for the part... I did rotate the magnet 180deg which be the same but It still doesn't trip the sensor like it used to. I'll open it all up this weekend as It's difficult after a long days' work and low light in the garage.
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

NO not the magnet 180' but the arm itself 180'. Some people seem to get the arm upside down, after rotating it the thing worked perfectly. We have had guys in our workshop do the same thing and it has worked 100% by rotating the arm

Spyder Garage

Is this part still of interest and need to anyone ? please PM me.
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

If there isn't today, there will be by March or April when all the cold weather stored Spyders come back out of hibernation.
    Have you made any back stock? Could you make them from a black filament?
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Windshield Bracket

Quote Originally Posted by Sopher View Post
    And 'Viola'. It's done. It's not shiny like an aluminum billet, but it sure is strong. This particular filament has 6000psi tensile strength....
    Beautiful work. Curious as to the print parameters. Did you use Fusion 360 as the CAD Software? What filament are you using to get 6KPsi tensile?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-21-2019 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    2019 Spyder RT Limited , 2" brake pedal riser with wide pedal Phoenix Orange

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Windshield Bracket

Is the Windshield Bracket ready for people to purchase? What is your price going to be? Will shipping be included? Will you offer us different colors? Please post any information.........
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Very nice product! I you sell many!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sopher View Post
    And 'Viola'. It's done. It's not shiny like an aluminum billet, but it sure is strong. This particular filament has 6000psi tensile strength.
    I could easily print more and resell. Not sure how much to sell. Send me a PM if you're interested.

It took me a few hours to design, revise and perfect. The hardest part is getting the old one off. I chose to remove the small end with the magnet; preserving the integrity of the gear.

I could trim down the locking bolt as I didn't have a 22mm bold on hand, just 25mm's. OH, in case someone want to critique it: The layers are printed from barrel to barrel. This part will not split like the original.
    Spyder Windshield Bracket.jpg
    IMG_5595.jpg
    IMG_5597.jpg
    Cool, it will be good if you are able to do 3D print of hand guards that looks factory.
    Maybe something similar to the Ryker hand guards...��

Spyder Garage

3D metal printing is future for custom accessories. ..custom 900 lettering. auxiliary light mounts, etc...hands/talons holding a driving light...limitless.
    Don't get mad at me if you don't like my answer.....

Spyder Garage

Any word on development/costs?
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Doesn't look like Sopher has been here since Feb. of this year. Too bad this would have been a great resource.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

At least my one is still available