Spyder Garage

Default Problem with vibration when off the throttle

I’m having a vibration/noise issue when I let off the throttle in normal driving. The engine and transmission don’t seem to have any problems, no missing or chugging, it’s responsive as normal. The vibration occurs when I let off the throttle and am running between 30 to 60 mph. My husband thinks it is a motor mount problem. Letting off the throttle takes the torque off the engine and that is when it vibrates. I have no idea, I’m not mechanically inclined.

I have a 2017 F3 Limited with 15k miles on it. Is anyone else having or had a similar issue?

Spyder Garage

More likely than not it is the belt. It is a known problem and there are several vibration dampeners to choose from. BRP sells one for like $40, but it has a record of failing. Lemonster has the BRP with an upgraded roller that fixes the problem BRP had for about $80. There are others that are made of metal instead of plastic like BRP's is. The others range from about $135-$199 depending on who's you bye. Do some research on each and see what works for you.
    2019 RTL

Farkles
    BRP Comfort Seat.
    Foam Grips
    Lidlox
    BRP Passenger armrests
    Baja Ron Anti sway bar
    Lamonster's upgraded BRP vibration damper.
    2019 RTL , Asphalt Grey Metallic Dark

Spyder Garage

Not my place as I drive a RTL, but I've been reading a lot of front pulley spline failure threads. A vibration that just appears isn't normal, something has changed. I'd look at the drive system first, belt tension and tracking, check for the metal particles under the front pulley, maybe check the front pulley bolt torque.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Huked View Post
    More likely than not it is the belt. It is a known problem and there are several vibration dampeners to choose from. BRP sells one for like $40, but it has a record of failing. Lemonster has the BRP with an upgraded roller that fixes the problem BRP had for about $80. There are others that are made of metal instead of plastic like BRP's is. The others range from about $135-$199 depending on who's you bye. Do some research on each and see what works for you.
    You forgot the ...FREE … fix. Meaning, having your drive belt tension around 150 lbs.- with the rear wheel ON- THE - GROUND ….. jmho …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    You forgot the ...FREE … fix. Meaning, having your drive belt tension around 150 lbs.- with the rear wheel ON- THE - GROUND ….. jmho …. Mike
    Can you tell me how to check the drive belt tension.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimSter View Post
    Can you tell me how to check the drive belt tension.
    Well most folks here don't buy BRP's Sonic tester ( $$$$$ ) that's for sure , they get a Gates " Kritkit " usually from BajaRon ( a vendor here ) ….. It comes with instructions and with a little practice it's easy to do...… I try to keep my Belt at 160 lbs +/- and I only test mine with the rear tire On-The- Ground ….. I have re-calculated from the Off-The-Ground amount …… Mike