Spyder Garage

Default Tri Axis Bars Range of Movement Measurements

For those of you wondering (Non scientific measurements);

Tri-Axis bars adjust Forward and Rearward , plus higher and lower, and any combination of the two.

The Maximum and Minimum width remains constant for any height setting.
    Max Width (Forward) is 33.5" and Min Width (Rearward) is 29.5" Your hands will each be 2" closer to centerline at the rearmost setting, at any height.
    1-Tri-Axis Maximum Forward Width.JPEG 2-Tri-Axis Minimum Rearward Width.JPEG

The fore and aft span changes with the height setting of the bars.
    Lowest setting fore and aft span. Forward position to mirror 15". Rearward position to mirror 19". At the rearmost position, your hands will be slightly less than 19" from the mirror enclosure.
    3-Tri-Axis Lowest Forward to Mirror.JPEG 5- Tri-Axis Lowest Rearward to Mirror.JPEG
    Highest setting fore and aft span. Forward position to mirror 12". Rearward position to mirror 17.5". At the rearmost position, your hands will be slightly less than 17.5" from the mirror enclosure.
    7-Tri-Axis Highest Forward to Mirror.JPEG 9-Tri-Axis Highest Rearward to Mirror.JPEG

The height span changes in relation to the Forward and Rearward position.
    Height from floorboard at lowest setting Forward 32.75" and Rearward 30.25".
    At the low bar position, all the way to the rear, your hands will be about 30.25" above the floorboard, and 19" from the mirror enclosure.
    4-Tri-Axis Lowest Forward to Floorboard.JPEG 6-Tri-Axis Lowest Rearward to Floorboard.JPEG
    Height from floorboard at highest setting Forward 35.5" and Rearward 34.5".
    At the high bar position, all the way to the rear, your hands will be about 34.5" above the floorboard, and 17.5" from the mirror enclosure.
    8-Tri-Axis Highest Forward to Floorboard.JPEG 10-Tri-Axis Highest Rearward to Floorboard.JPEG

The height adjustment is made with an 8mm hex wrench, about 12 rounds from highest to lowest. A good 3/8" ratchet helps with this. Make sure you loosen the 2 front bolts before adjusting the height with the single rear bolt. Loosen the front 2 first, tighten them last.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very helpful information. Thank you.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Outstanding!
    Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Someone asked, and it was a slow day. When I ask a question, and there is 20-30 comments, but no real answers, it's kind of frustrating. I'm just trying not to be "That Guy". It's really helpful to newbs like me to get stuff like this, and I've received a bunch or seriously real help from certain top notch individuals here, and I'm just trying to pass it on to the next guy.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    Someone asked, and it was a slow day. When I ask a question, and there is 20-30 comments, but no real answers, it's kind of frustrating. I'm just trying not to be "That Guy". It's really helpful to newbs like me to get stuff like this, and I've received a bunch or seriously real help from certain top notch individuals here, and I'm just trying to pass it on to the next guy.
    Great post, I feel the same way. I am new so it might be a while before I can help anyone, but when I see hundreds of views on my posts and only a few answers I am assuming that it is probably a question that has been asked already or everybody hates me. I can understand if everyone hates me but I don't think you know me good enough yet for that to happen I do search first but sometimes if you don't have the exact wording as other posts it doesn't help. So if someone knows the answer but is sick of the same thread help a rookie out or even link them to a thread you know could help them.
    Who knows, maybe someday us beginners will actually be able to help the veterans.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MonPaul View Post
    Great post, I feel the same way. I am new so it might be a while before I can help anyone, but when I see hundreds of views on my posts and only a few answers I am assuming that it is probably a question that has been asked already or everybody hates me. I can understand if everyone hates me but I don't think you know me good enough yet for that to happen I do search first but sometimes if you don't have the exact wording as other posts it doesn't help. So if someone knows the answer but is sick of the same thread help a rookie out or even link them to a thread you know could help them.
    Who knows, maybe someday us beginners will actually be able to help the veterans.
    There could be any number of reasons people will view a thread but not comment;
    They're just checking out new threads
    The subject line was provocative
    The subject line was vague or misleading
    They're interested in the topic and are following it for new information
    They don't understand the question
    They don't have anything new to contribute

Etcetera.

Don't worry about a lack of response. Try posting on the same thread you started, rephrasing the question possibly.

Don't worry about people disliking you. That doesn't happen until you've been here awhile
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

One thing I didn't have for comparison was the original bar end position relative to the 2 fixed objects I was measuring to. Even with the minor differences in manufacturing tolerances, measuring to the mirror and floorboard should get you within about a half inch of so. Good enough to say "my hands will be right about here" type thing. Anyone have these measurements for stock OEM RT bars? Post the measurements here for posterity.
    h0gr1der