Spyder Garage

Default End of the road for Toyo Proxes T1R. WHAT NEXT?

Having recently discovering that TOYO have changed the T1R to a TR1 Asymetrical tyre I am now thinking of new options. These options are rather limited here in the UK. OEM fitment is looking like it could be all thats available. I have a 2014 RT and have run on the TOYO for most of the bikes life (41000 miles). My question is, Can other sizes fit and if so what sizes and please also add a small report of your experience. 225/50/15 is not the most common of sizes here in the UK. Could I fit 225/45/15? I am reluctant to drop the tyre with to 215 and more so 205. so all help is much appreciated.
    Apologies if this has already been covered in a previous post as I am sure it has but with such a large informative forum I will be here forever scrolling through.
    Many thanks Dave :-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
    Having recently discovering that TOYO have changed the T1R to a TR1 Asymetrical tyre I am now thinking of new options. These options are rather limited here in the UK. OEM fitment is looking like it could be all thats available. I have a 2014 RT and have run on the TOYO for most of the bikes life (41000 miles). My question is, Can other sizes fit and if so what sizes and please also add a small report of your experience. 225/50/15 is not the most common of sizes here in the UK. Could I fit 225/45/15? I am reluctant to drop the tyre with to 215 and more so 205. so all help is much appreciated.
    Apologies if this has already been covered in a previous post as I am sure it has but with such a large informative forum I will be here forever scrolling through.
    Many thanks Dave :-)
    Howdy Dave;

Wellsir - the Forum Search function exists so you don't have to "forever scroll through". Simply enter TOYO into Advanced Title Search. 35 related hits, and a manageable small number to deal with. This one is good:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...highlight=toyo

I'm a n00b - hence if I can figger this'un out, I just know ye can, aight ...

Additionally, there's a hepful feller on here who will tell you Vredstein is da cat's ayss - I'm sure he will be along in due course to tell ye hisself, lol. OR - ye can plug Vredstein into the handy Search thang.

[FWIW - I'd stick with the stock sizes. No one here appears to have a definitive handle on what effects differing overall diameters (especially non-OEM mismatches from front to rear) have on the factory calibrations for the three-wheel traction control, ABS, Stability control, speedo accuracy, etc, which depend upon known wheel speeds/rpm/road speed relationships. I AM certain there is bound to be a LOT of pundit opinion,"works fer me" vitriol, and other assorted nonsense. lol. I'm still looking fer solid factual info regarding that. IT sure is important in the automotive world - and these systems are similar (and made by a common third party / parties).]

[FWIW #2 - wondering if BUDS has tire diameter correction as accessible parameters. That would do the trick.]

Good luck
    Cheers
    E

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

There are options in sizes you can use. I use a 215/60R15 on my F3L and have used the same size on an RT before that with no problems. I use stock size Federal Formoza AZ01's on the front. Not sure what brands you have available where you live at, I use a General Altimax RT43.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Yep I'm hear with my opinion ……. The size thing might matter if you were racing ..especially for serious Money …. otherwise minor variances won't mean diddly ………. search Vredestein Tire … I have a few posts about them and there are quite a few posts from users .. From info provided by " SpyderLass " ( from Scotland ), the Vredestein Quatrac 5 is available across the pond ……. I'm not going to repeat everything I've already written about …… Mike ......PS , I also looooooooooooooooved the T 1r

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Yep I'm hear with my opinion ……. The size thing might matter if you were racing ..especially for serious Money …. otherwise minor variances won't mean diddly ………. search Vredestein Tire … I have a few posts about them and there are quite a few posts from users .. From info provided by " SpyderLass " ( from Scotland ), the Vredestein Quatrac 5 is available across the pond ……. I'm not going to repeat everything I've already written about …… Mike ......PS , I also looooooooooooooooved the T 1r
    Howdy!

Outstanding - y'all didn't disappoint. Including confirming that you have little understanding of my concerns regarding overall diameter discrepancies as it relates to it's effects on the onboard systems of road-going Spyders

"Diddly" is not a technical term I'm familiar with. I DO like Bo Diddly, however.

Cheers
    E

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    Howdy!

Outstanding - y'all didn't disappoint. Including confirming that you have little understanding of my concerns regarding overall diameter discrepancies as it relates to it's effects on the onboard systems of road-going Spyders

"Diddly" is not a technical term I'm familiar with. I DO like Bo Diddly, however.

Cheers
    E
    " Diddly"------ a non-technical usage of the technical term " squat". The joker is added to emphasize that the answer is a joke----- as some folks just don't get it.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    There are options in sizes you can use. I use a 215/60R15 on my F3L and have used the same size on an RT before that with no problems. I use stock size Federal Formoza AZ01's on the front. Not sure what brands you have available where you live at, I use a General Altimax RT43.
    Thank you.

Spyder Garage

These sizes are all compatible for replacing a 225/50/15
    215/60/15
    205/55/15
    Have you tried to get a Toyo Proxes 4, it comes in 225/50/15
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The sizes mentioned will work without problems. Some of us have...real world experience. The 215/60R15 size also has the side effect of making the speedo MORE accurate than the stock size rear tire.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White