Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jarvis View Post
    I would love to find a used one, but unable. I rode about 50 miles today and that's about it for the stock seat. I'm 5'9" - 210 lbs, 30" inseam but my seat is not hacking it. Anyone have a comfort seat for an RT they don't want no-mo, let me know.

Thanks, Bob
    I am the same height as you, but you have a shorter inseam by 2". So, I'm surprised you need the additional legroom of a comfort seat.

I recently put a regular car gel cushion on my seat to see if that could alleviate some of the pressure points on a long ride. It did that and also sat me up higher by about 1-1/2", which makes my legs less cramped. You might want to experiment with a higher seating position to see if that helps any.

The height and reach of the handlebars can affect riding comfort immensely also. Try to be aware on the next ride of just exactly what it is about your riding position that is creating the discomfort.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I am the same height as you, but you have a shorter inseam by 2". So, I'm surprised you need the additional legroom of a comfort seat.

I recently put a regular car gel cushion on my seat to see if that could alleviate some of the pressure points on a long ride. It did that and also sat me up higher by about 1-1/2", which makes my legs less cramped. You might want to experiment with a higher seating position to see if that helps any.

The height and reach of the handlebars can affect riding comfort immensely also. Try to be aware on the next ride of just exactly what it is about your riding position that is creating the discomfort.
    I kinda forgot to mentioned that my right knee has been replaced. It was jacked up for 20+ years, plus I just don't have the rear end for motorcycles. Every motorcycle I've owned I've had to modify the seat or buy a different seat. I've digressed. I will put the airhawk (came with the v star 1300 when I bought it)on today and see if that helps any.
    Thanks, Bob

Spyder Garage

Bob talk to motorcycledave.com about adding his gel pad/memory foam to your stock seat much less expensive then a custom saddle. He is a sponsor here but more importantly he is vey knowledgeable and may be able to give you some ideas.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze