Spyder Garage

Default BRP Comfort Seat and backrest

I ordered the brp comfort seat and the backrest, I didn't specify any particular type backrest. I will call parts at the dealership Tuesday coming to verify but I'm reading it's a different option for a comfort seat. Can anyone confirm if I should be looking at a specific backrest/option for adjustability. Thanks again.
    2019 RT Limited
    BRP Comfort seat
    Triaxis handlebars
    Lamonster highway pegs
    Lamonster spydercuff
    Lidlocks

Nicknamed "Moody Blues" because it is what I will be riding to cure them...
    2019 RT Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

If you ordered a Comfort Seat it should have been PN 219400457. If that is the case the adjustable Driver Backrest for the Comfort Seat is PN 219400689.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Thanks I'm calling now I was hoping to hear from you as I seen you where very informative on the subject.
    2019 RT Limited
    BRP Comfort seat
    Triaxis handlebars
    Lamonster highway pegs
    Lamonster spydercuff
    Lidlocks

Spyder Garage

I just verified that the dealer did order pn#219400689 backrest for the comfort seat. I'm waiting on them to install as parts have arrived so comfort is coming.
    2019 RT Limited
    BRP Comfort seat
    Triaxis handlebars
    Lamonster highway pegs
    Lamonster spydercuff
    Lidlocks

Spyder Garage

Great! I hope you find the Comfort Seat and backrest as comfortable as I do. The backrest makes a world of difference for me on long touring days.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I ordered a backrest from Show chrome and it arrived today. I'm sending it back. I was not happy with drilling into the bottom of the seat to mount it or cutting the "seat plug" whereas there is always a hole in the seat if the backrest is not being used. I already ordered the OEM backrest, no modifications required. From what I learned today after taking my seat off, is that the underside of the seat already has the mounting points for the OEM backrest. I should have know from my years riding Harley's that if a part is not OEM, you might not be happy with it.
    2019 RT L , Asphalt over black

Spyder Garage

I installed the Show Chrome....no problem, easy install.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jay6610 View Post
    I ordered a backrest from Show chrome and it arrived today. I'm sending it back. I was not happy with drilling into the bottom of the seat to mount it or cutting the "seat plug" whereas there is always a hole in the seat if the backrest is not being used. I already ordered the OEM backrest, no modifications required. From what I learned today after taking my seat off, is that the underside of the seat already has the mounting points for the OEM backrest. I should have know from my years riding Harley's that if a part is not OEM, you might not be happy with it.
    I just recently installed the OEM backrest. It comes with a receiver bracket that you install on the bottom side of the seat with two small bolts. No cutting. You have to pop the cap off the seat where the seat pins goes - and then you just push the seat pins through the foam until it clicks into place. Very simple. Save the plastic cap if you decide to remove the backrest - pop it back in and you're back to stock.

Spyder Garage

Default How to remove backrest?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperG View Post
    I just recently installed the OEM backrest. It comes with a receiver bracket that you install on the bottom side of the seat with two small bolts. No cutting. You have to pop the cap off the seat where the seat pins goes - and then you just push the seat pins through the foam until it clicks into place. Very simple. Save the plastic cap if you decide to remove the backrest - pop it back in and you're back to stock.
    I wanted to know how to remove the backrest listed above. Since it popped right in, shouldn't it just pop right back out? I've tried to remove mine by a sideways spring-loaded clip under the seat but it doesn't allow for easy removal.

Spyder Garage

Never mind...I figured it out...push the clip to unlock the prongs and pull up with some force. That was my problem...I was babying it.