Spyder Garage

Default Weird RS Knock Off

It is a 250cc Spyder clone... direct rip off of a Can Am's styling/engineering. Saw a 2010 for sale on Facebook Marketplace and looked a bit further. Ick.

www.motobuys.com/kd-250-trike.html

Spyder Garage

These are the Chinese knockoffs that were written about early on. That is no deal on the current price. They used to sell for $2995. Good luck on finding a servicing dealer and on reliability with the product. CAVEAT EMPTOR! Let the buyer beware.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Wonder if they bounce along on Kendas? You can probably quickly park these next to the broken Chinese scooter in your garage. LOL

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting....🤔

It's been around for years now and I agree with ARtraveler. I do like the bolt on rear wheel it is a nice feature.... never seen one on the road around here...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Yeah but.....I noticed it has a single sided swing arm and I'm jealous about that. And so does the Ryker, and I'm jealous of that too!
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I got a kick out of the FREE delivery restrictions.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Would any of us really ride one of those things?
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

grandpot I had a 50cc one just like that, even a single sided swingarm. I put over 24,000 mi on mine before engine quit but I decided I was to old to work on it anymore and CanAm brought out the Ryker at the right time so for my 65th birthday I bought the Ryker. Yes the Chinese ones are very reliable lol you learn you ride it for 4 hrs. and then you repair it. Of course they are very easy to work on you can replace the top of the engine in less than an hour and new parts to do it cost about $25.00 so it was a blast when I was younger(60) now I just want to ride. There is a dealer about 60mi away so no difference than my BRP dealer. But also you get what you pay for. Frank

Spyder Garage

I have a granddaughter who is in her mid 30s and want to get into motorcycling. She has already taken the course and got the endorsement. She would like to get a bike from CSC Motorcycles who sells a line of 250 cc and 450 cc Chinese bikes. They are not only affordable (aka cheap) it gets shipped to your door and they have a good warranty program. I checked 'em out and the only thing I have against 'em is spoked wheels that have tubed tires. But that's just me. She likes the SG250 cafe bike.
    https://www.cscmotorcycles.com/defau...=xNewInventory
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=RICZ;1454801]I have a granddaughter who is in her mid 30s and want to get into motorcycling. She has already taken the course and got the endorsement. She would like to get a bike from CSC Motorcycles who sells a line of 250 cc and 450 cc Chinese bikes. They are not only affordable (aka cheap) it gets shipped to your door and they have a good warranty program. I checked 'em out and the only thing I have against 'em is spoked wheels that have tubed tires. But that's just me. She likes the SG250 cafe bike.
    https://www.cscmotorcycles.com/defau...=xNewInventory[/QUOT

I bought a CSC RX3 four years ago, which is the adventure style bike that comes with luggage and crash bars. kind of looks like a BMW "F" series. I've done a lot of on and off road riding with it, and it's been trouble free. The quality is actually pretty impressive.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They look a bit suspect, but the front tyres look better quality than the Kenda's
    2017 RTL , White