Spyder Garage

Default Genius Maps & Use Cell Phone at the same time.?

Read some wear that you can use Genius Maps and cell phone at the same time has anyone been able to do this ?

Jim

Spyder Garage

Sure. I have answered calls when any app is running on the screen. Not just Genius Maps. The telephone screen takes over the right side of the screen and the app you are running will disappear. The app will still be running on your phone. Just not displayed. If the caller is in your contacts. Their name will appear on the screen. You have the option to answer or ignore. Depending on which way you push the joystick. After you are done with your call. The previous app should reappear on the right side of the screen.

To make a call. I have not done this. You should be able to go back to the main menu. The app screen will disappear, but the app will still be running. Then go to the phone screen and make a call from the contacts list.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

In coming calls are displayed on dash but can’t answer on dash I can answer on phone only and incoming ringing is on phone not spyder speakers. Also can not display phone call list on dash only on phone. I can disconnect call when displayed on dash with joystick. Please help if you how to work phone with dash?
    Jim

Spyder Garage

You *need* to have a helmet (bluetooth) paired with the bike - then you can answer the phone, via it. You cannot answer the phone and expect it to play through the speakers (like in a car) because there is no microphone, and if there were, it would be useless in the windy environment of a motorcycle.

Spyder Garage

SuperG
    That cleared up my phone guestion.
    Thank You
    Jim