Thread: A-Arm cover

Spyder Garage

Default A-Arm cover

Ok, can't seem to find anything on this. I noticed yesterday that the plastic cover on the right A-arm doesn't seem to be attached to anything. Its not going to fall off as it's wrapped around the shokc, but feeling around underneath it, I don't feel any clips or anything that would hold it onto the arm. Is it broken or am I missing something?
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrsuul View Post
    Ok, can't seem to find anything on this. I noticed yesterday that the plastic cover on the right A-arm doesn't seem to be attached to anything. Its not going to fall off as it's wrapped around the shokc, but feeling around underneath it, I don't feel any clips or anything that would hold it onto the arm. Is it broken or am I missing something?
    It's likely you can't feel the screw heads, there are about 6 of them. ...get a small mirror and use that the look at the under-side with a flashlight ….just shine it on the mirror to view ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Well, if it had screws, I'm guessing they're gone now. I didn't rid in today so I'll have a look when I get home. Trike is in need of some work, but don;t know when I'll be able to get to it.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Default Here's a view

As Mike stated.... here is a view from the parts breatdown.... https://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemp...ont-suspension item #340 screws and there are 6...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrsuul View Post
    Well, if it had screws, I'm guessing they're gone now. I didn't rid in today so I'll have a look when I get home. Trike is in need of some work, but don;t know when I'll be able to get to it.
    I had to remove those covers several times ….. NO way they fell out, it's more likely whoever put the bike together DIDN'T put them on . …….Mike

Spyder Garage

Ok, so it's not 6 per side, but 3? Well no big deal at the moment I guess. I'm still trying to track down tires and a couple other parts for major maintenance on this thing.
    2014 RT-S , Orange