Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preppers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    Anything under the ground in Florida is full of water or soon will be. I have plenty of water. Most of the time the power is out during hurricanes or tropical storms and 10 inches of rain a day is falling from the sky. Also have a stocked pond 100 feet behind the house. Water is not a problem.

Another thing about generators is the gas going bad. Have to put stabilizer in it and even then rotate it out at least once a year. They do have generators that run on LP gas and it does not go bad like gasoline. It is in small tanks and compressed so it takes up less space. Never got around to buying an LP generator. Not so handy to move around when you need power back in the field or some remote location.
    There are conversion kits for gas generators to make them tri-fuel, gas, propane, or natural gas. I converted mine after hurricane Charley. I was in Tampa but lent the generator to a friend in Punta Gorda where it hit. They were without electricity for a month. He said the generator was great but he spent most of his day searching for gas stations with fuel and then waiting in line. A 250 gal propane tank isn't too expensive and will last a bit and can be connected to a gas grill as well.

CJ JAx

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yup! propane is also a more stable fuel to store...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Hi Idaho,

Re: If you really want to survive the next . . .

Psst, do not tell the Rajneeshees.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    For home defense: go with a 12 gauge pump-action shotgun!
    You can load anything from #12 birdshot in it; all the way up to slugs that'll put a hole in an engine block!
    Maybe this guy can help me pick one out

2019 Rally , Black