Spyder Garage

Default Brake Flasher on a Ryker

Has anyone installed a brake flasher yet, such as this one: https://www.signaldynamics.com/backoffxp

Spyder Garage

I have not yet but I pulled the one off my old bike when I traded it in to install on the Ryker. Not sure where to access the wiring harness for the brake light though. The one I have flashes 3 times then goes solid. Think I got it on Amazon for under $20.

Spyder Garage

I am curious also. Anyone that installed the LED light kits hook them up to the brakes? My dealer actually called CAN-AM (BRP) and were told not to hook the light kit up to the brakes, might shorten out the ECU?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyber2nd View Post
    I am curious also. Anyone that installed the LED light kits hook them up to the brakes? My dealer actually called CAN-AM (BRP) and were told not to hook the light kit up to the brakes, might shorten out the ECU?
    Were talking about a rear brake light flasher. Why in the world would you hook up LED Light Kits to the brake light?

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Geep View Post
    I’ve been looking for a good setup for a rear brakelight flasher with additional rear turn signals. Not sure about the decelerometer but tye rest of this looks pretty good.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Our Rykers slow down quickly when we just roll off the throttle even with out applying the brakes, I think I like the idea of the decelerometer to warn the vehicles behind you. I may purchase this product. Thanks, cueman

Spyder Garage

You can order with or without, same as signal light function, LEDs very bright. Not having a Ryker, do they slow down quickly without using the brakes aka deceleration? This was why i bought the Skene because i can come to a complete stop from highway speeds without ever touching the brakes

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Geep View Post
    You can order with or without, same as signal light function, LEDs very bright. Not having a Ryker, do they slow down quickly without using the brakes aka deceleration? This was why i bought the Skene because i can come to a complete stop from highway speeds without ever touching the brakes
    Mounted under Rivco trunk rack on my RT
    C1A0DB0F-CCB8-4915-81AB-22AEAB9B6A30.jpeg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KC61 View Post
    Were talking about a rear brake light flasher. Why in the world would you hook up LED Light Kits to the brake light?
    The "idea" is that when you step on the brakes all of the LED lights glow red.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Geep, yes, the Ryker slows down quickly and several times I did not have to use the brakes. cueman

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    Geep, yes, the Ryker slows down quickly and several times I did not have to use the brakes. cueman
    Same here. I need to get into the habit of hitting my brakes anyway, especially at night.