Spyder Garage

Default Can Am Class Monday

Well darn!

My one day class was yesterday in Elgin, TX. Morning spent with two excellent instructors, really learned a lot.

Then it was time to ride and the rain, thunder, lightening started! We all stood around watching it for an hour or so before the instructor called it.

Riding will be Monday morning, so, another week of anticipation before my first time on a Can Am. Class has Spyders and Rykers.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

One Day? My son's class was Friday night and all day Saturday and Sunday with lots of riding on the course. He had a blast. Only 2 people showed up for the class

Spyder Garage

My class was all day Thursday and Friday. If this is a MSF class, they require 16 hours. We spent 3 hours in class each morning and 5 hours on the range each afternoon.
    It was time well spent and provided a road test waiver card.
    Current: 2022 CAN AM F3S SS. Manta Green, Route 129 windscreen.

Previous:CAN AM Ryker Rally. Intense black, side case , comfort drivers seat, comfort passenger seat with back r test, wind screen, LED auxiliary lighting.
    2022 F3S, special series , Manta Green

Spyder Garage

This is the $99 class from the Can Am webpage. This one day class satisfies the Texas requirement to get a three wheel endorsement on your DL.

Spyder Garage

difficult to find in western Pa. now. All sold out

Spyder Garage

Miles42, same here, I reserved mine on May 1 for the class on 24 June. Instructor is pretty booked thru the summer.

Spyder Garage

Must be a Texas thing. My son took the Can Am class also here in Kansas and it was 2 1/2 days for the 3 wheel endorsement. Friday night, and all day Saturday and Sunday

Spyder Garage

2 full days in WA. half of the day in the classroom, half of the day on the course. If you passed the tests, then you were endorsed.
    2017 F3-L Intense red "Wings"
    Spyderpops Spyclops Light
    Tric LED Headlights and Fog lights
    Madstad Windshield
    Phoenix - Wrap My Spyder
    Lamonster Highway Pegs
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Rich's Custom Seats
    2017 F3-L , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Jsmith8695, same here just we did it on a Saturday and Sunday. The courses I found fun to do and since I had 2 months of already driving my ryker it was a piece of cake. Many used the class to basically test drive a ryker, spyder, or both to see which they preferred.

Spyder Garage

For some reason the class isnt available in ohio

Spyder Garage

I'm waiting for my dealer to email me a special code so I can sign up for my one day class for $49 instead of the $99 as listed on the Can-Am site. He sent me one but site stated it was an incorrect code. I've already put 2,000 miles on my 2014 RTL and already have had my 2-wheel license for the past 48 years, but want to learn all I can about my new Spyder. There are several classes in Burlington, NC
    2014 RT Limited , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Have fun!! Monday is almost here.

Spyder Garage

I had fun in my class and it allowed me to ride the F3 which I had been wanting to do. The downside to my class is I had spent more time on a Spyder than the instructors had. One instructor looked very nervous on it when demonstrating some evasive maneuvers.

2013 RTS
    BajaRon Swaybar, BRP passenger armrests, JT's GoPro dash mount, Lidlox helmet locks, M2 Shocks, foam grips, Ultimate Seat, Magic Mirrors

Spyder Garage

Well, done and passed the riding portion. It was fun, learned a lot, especially that I really need a LOT of practice. Throttle control a main one, not very smooth. No previous experience. Great instructors. VERY HOT here in central Texas even in late morning.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WallyM View Post
    Well, done and passed the riding portion. It was fun, learned a lot, especially that I really need a LOT of practice. Throttle control a main one, not very smooth. No previous experience. Great instructors. VERY HOT here in central Texas even in late morning.

It can be tricky maintaining speed with the Spyders/Rykers while taking turns since you are pushing or pulling with your throttle arm while going around a corner.

Spyder Garage

Closest I'm seeing using zip code 43085 for Columbus is in Parkersburg, WV.
    If you go to www.MSF-USA.org -> Students -> BRC 3-wheel...you can enter a zip code and search within a miles radius you are willing to travel.
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Hi all ref can am classes here in the UK we just get on them and ride never heard of classes ! Regards Nico 75

Spyder Garage

I know what you mean! Very strange there is no class's offered in Cleveland or Columbus Ohio?

Spyder Garage

The dealer here offered the class FREE to my son when when he showed interest in the Ryker and I told them that he didn't have a motorcycle license. They said the class was free to anyone that purchased a vehicle from them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by delkhouri View Post
    For some reason the class isnt available in ohio
    Does Ohio require a (3) wheel endorsement. In Washington State, the Can-Am course is offered in conjunction with the State (both help cover cost), to provide safety training, and written and driving test that (upon successful completion) gets the participant their endorsement. My daughter starts hers' tomorrow - $49.

Regards,

Don
    2017 F3T , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

That's a good price. I know that many states allow you to operate a three wheeler with a motorcycle endorsement on your driver's permit. I guess some will allow you JUST a three wheel endorsement rather than making you obtain a two wheel permit. I guess three wheel vehicles confuse the uninformed and they do not know how to provide for them yet. Personally, I do not see much reasoning to assume that operating a three wheeler is that much different in rules than a four wheeler. Rules of the road are still much the same. Two wheelers have different rules and it does take a bit of concentration and a different learning curve to operate them. Just my opinion.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dondje View Post
    Does Ohio require a (3) wheel endorsement. In Washington State, the Can-Am course is offered in conjunction with the State (both help cover cost), to provide safety training, and written and driving test that (upon successful completion) gets the participant their endorsement. My daughter starts hers' tomorrow - $49.

Regards,

Don
    Ohio requires a regular Motorcycle permit followed by a drivers test. If you take the test on a two wheeler- you have a license for 2 or 3 wheelers... if you take the test on a three wheeler you only get a motorcycle license for three wheelers. The state offers a motorcycle safety course that is part classroom and part riding. It is very educational and only costs $50 and if you pass you just take your form to the DMV and get your license.. but they only offer it for two wheeled vehicles with a clutch. So if you don't want to learn to ride two wheels or can't then your only option is to get the permit and then buy or borrow a three wheeler to learn on and take the test with. The problem is if you just want to try one out there is no option in Ohio unless you already have a motorcycle license.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by delkhouri View Post
    Ohio requires a regular Motorcycle permit followed by a drivers test. If you take the test on a two wheeler- you have a license for 2 or 3 wheelers... if you take the test on a three wheeler you only get a motorcycle license for three wheelers. The state offers a motorcycle safety course that is part classroom and part riding. It is very educational and only costs $50 and if you pass you just take your form to the DMV and get your license.. but they only offer it for two wheeled vehicles with a clutch. So if you don't want to learn to ride two wheels or can't then your only option is to get the permit and then buy or borrow a three wheeler to learn on and take the test with. The problem is if you just want to try one out there is no option in Ohio unless you already have a motorcycle license.
    I ran into the same issue here in Virginia. The three wheeled riding course proved to be a good option if for no other reason than getting time in the saddle.
    2009 black segway i2 w/ black leanseats and roho pads