Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Baron14y View Post
    Didn't have a choice on the tire. It was on the Spyder when I bought it. My choice would have been a Kumho.
    I see you are in Fla. , a place that can get very heavy downpours ….. many folks on this site have reported Their Kumho's lost a lot of the WET traction they had until the tires were only Half-worn, then they had Hydro-planning issues …. just something to consider ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Just changed the tire pressures on the front Federal's, and the rear Arachnid. Trying 18 psi on the fronts, and 24 psi on the rear. I'll see how that feels (assuming the feels like temp ever gets below 103).

Spyder Garage

I know this thread is a few weeks old but I think if you want to truly know how sticky a tire is, you probably need to trust a more scientific method of comparison instead of a "seat of the pants FEEL". That seat of the pants is each individual's own personal opinion and not likely to be very accurate considering each individual has a different riding style, different bike/trike, different weight, etc. The UTQG tire rating is something a bit more precise and it would probably help most of us in decision making when choosing tires. just sayin.

https://www.tirebuyer.com/education/utqg-rating

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cruisinTX View Post
    I know this thread is a few weeks old but I think if you want to truly know how sticky a tire is, you probably need to trust a more scientific method of comparison instead of a "seat of the pants FEEL". That seat of the pants is each individual's own personal opinion and not likely to be very accurate considering each individual has a different riding style, different bike/trike, different weight, etc. The UTQG tire rating is something a bit more precise and it would probably help most of us in decision making when choosing tires. just sayin.

I have said the exact same thing about " seat of the pants " vs science and ……. I also did some research on the " UTQG " rating …. every manufacturer of tires Rates their tires to THEIR own standard … there is NO Gov't. standard ( a minimum ) like they have for Temp - Traction etc..... ie someone's 400 rating may be better than another's 500 rating …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I have said the exact same thing about " seat of the pants " vs science and ……. I also did some research on the " UTQG " rating …. every manufacturer of tires Rates their tires to THEIR own standard … there is NO Gov't. standard ( a minimum ) like they have for Temp - Traction etc..... ie someone's 400 rating may be better than another's 500 rating …. Mike
    True statements, but in light of not having a uniform standard, UTQG rating is as close as one is going to get to a "scientific" look at tire durability, stickiness and traction capabilities. The article I linked to clearly states that. So, until a uniform testing method and scale are established (if ever) it is the best we have and certainly better than any seat of the pants opinion.

Spyder Garage

I just read your link to the Tire Buyer ….. it says Exactly what I said about the UTQG ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

I just read your link to the Tire Buyer ….. it says Exactly what I said about the UTQG ….. Mike
    So, even though I agreed with you ("True statements") there is still this uncontrollable need to gloat? sheesh!

Spyder Garage

So, even though I agreed with you ("True statements") there is still this uncontrollable need to gloat? sheesh!
    " Gloat " - ??? …. I don't think so …. it could be you weren't very clear in what you were trying to convey ……….. Mike

Spyder Garage

The absolutely STICKIEST tire that I know off is/was the Toyo Proxes T 1r,
    Nah, The Toyo RA1, R888 & Yoko Advan A048, all would be much stickier..... But the T1R would last longer!

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Are all the recommended tires listed for the RT, or are they also the same for the F3L ??

johnv
    USMC RETIRED

BLUE KNIGHTS NYV

2022 F3T Glacier Blue

Spyder Garage

??? .. are you asking about the sizes or the brands ...or both ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Mike, I am asking about both....thanks

johnv
    USMC RETIRED

BLUE KNIGHTS NYV

2022 F3T Glacier Blue

Spyder Garage

Just got a little over 13,000 miles on my rear 215/65 R15 VREDESTEIN Quatrac 5 tire. Our 2014 RT Limited should go a few more thousand before I even worry about it. Very sticky tire up here in North Idaho. UTQG is around 400. Very comfortable and quiet tire. No concerns regarding accurate speedometer readings or mileage as the tire is a tiny bit taller.