View Poll Results: Which Do You Like Better?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • 6 Shooter

6 28.57%
  • Spike

5 23.81%
  • Make them both!

10 47.62%
    Spyder Garage

Default New - Glo Ryder 3D Series Caps For Spyder Coming Soon! - Poll

Straight from Glo Ryder Customs USA we are introducing a new line of caps that will fit the current version of our wheels lights. We would like your opinion on what one you like best or if you like them both. These are also available as an upgrade if you currently own Glo Ryder Wheel Lights and want to change the caps you already have. To save you money the caps will be available as a separate purchase and you will not need to replace your entire wheel light. We always like to hear from you first in the forums so please feel free to vote and let us know what you think!

gloryder-6shooter-wheel-light.jpggloryder-spike-wheel-light.jpg

Spyder Garage

Would they be available in black as well?

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Video on Spyder while moving?

I have asked for and never seen a video of one operating on a moving Spyder, do you have one? I have asked before and never got a response.

I have been been considering these if they offer better, "Can you see me now!", at night.

How oa do you turn them on or off? How many hours of operation does one get from the batteries? Can you use rechargeable batteries?

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not saying it's a bad product, I'm just not interested. Not a hit, just my opinion.

Spyder Garage

Would have to see some kind of you tube video to see how they look on a parked and moving spyder, before I can consider them.found one of Glo rider like product can kind of get an idea.
    Last edited by Jheck; 09-14-2016 at 01:20 PM.

Spyder Garage

Sorry just not a fan of either one.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Still waiting for the Glo Ryders with generators
    all the rest are a waste of time
    Who wants to keep replacing batteries
    did that done that
    no more
    Now 2014 RT Limited Cognac
    Was 2008 GS SM5

Don Garbarino

Cup Holder
    GPS locking holder
    Mud flap
    Modified KNOTT grill
    Phone holder and charger
    Trailer hitch
    Dual air horn
    Auxiliary fuse box with relays
    Heated clothing controller
    volt/oil pressure gauge
    Sequential signals in mirror
    Tri Axis Handle bars
    Baja Ron anti sway bar/heim links
    shorty antenna
    And many more

Spyder Garage

I just looked up the site. While they look nice, At almost 300 bucks, I'll pass. Thanks anyways.
    Last edited by Jheck; 09-14-2016 at 06:16 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    Would they be available in black as well?
    We release all our product in Billet aluminum polished or satin finish. We dont offer the service at our shop currently but it is perfect if you want to have them finished locally in a powder coat.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by garb55 View Post
    I'm kind of hoping to see some progress on this front also...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
    I have asked for and never seen a video of one operating on a moving Spyder, do you have one? I have asked before and never got a response.

I have been been considering these if they offer better, "Can you see me now!", at night.

How oa do you turn them on or off? How many hours of operation does one get from the batteries? Can you use rechargeable batteries?

Joe
    Joe, here is a customer vid off youtube
    One of the most popular reasons for purchase we hear customers comment on is the increased visibility the product offers on the side view as you are approaching an intersection. We also stress this as we believe it helps people to be more aware of your vehicle presence when you are on the road.
    In fact Spyder riders are one of the largest buyers of the product since 2009 when we first met Lamont in Daytona beach

Our products are remote control for on/off and change of 9 different colors.
    You can use rechargeable batteries, though they operate at 1.2 volts and will make the lights a little dimmer so we recommend you use a Duracell Quantum Red for maximum battery life.
    Our customers report 30-45 days between battery changes. Some get more some get less depending on the usage.

Hope this helps!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by garb55 View Post
    all the rest are a waste of time
    Who wants to keep replacing batteries
    did that done that
    no more
    Well.. believe it or not the very first design for Glo Ryder in 2004 was a generator version. So why batteries? For the first iteration of the product it ended up being less expensive to manufacture and sell, and for a new product with no prior history to stand on price point becomes a big issue to get people interested in trying it out.

In short anyone can make a generator light up an LED and we have continued research on several fronts generator and beyond. Generators are subject to a couple things like water, rust, wear and tear, counterweight weight and size and the possibility of the counterweight even flipping over at high speed and causing wheel vibration, so lots to take into consideration before just slapping a generator inside and collecting sales.

I can tell you we are the leader in the field of research on this subject and nobody wants batteries replaced more than we do. We are working on a new patented process that may or may not use a generator but that is all I can say for now. I cant say when that date will be so dont hold your breath but if possible we will TRY and make it backwards compatible for all of our customers who have purchased in the past but cannot promise anything at this time. We wont release it until it is right but all of you in the forums will be the first to know when we do.
    Last edited by GloRyder; 09-14-2016 at 06:21 PM.

Spyder Garage

I like them both.
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Spyder Garage

Did the self generating lights ever show up, thought they were suppose to show up last year but never saw that they did? Interested.
    2016 RT Limited - Hicklin Powersport (Des Moines, IA)

BaJaRon Swaybar, Custom Painted (Sue Hopper), Dashmount, Dongle - BRP, FOBO Tire Monitoring System, Lidlox, Magic Mirror Mounts , Safety Light Package,
    Wide-Vu Mirrors, Hopnel Saddlebag Liners, Saddlebag Nets, F$ Tall Boy Windshield (without Vent)

Odds & Ends
    Ron Bandy Motorcycle Driving Course - ronbandy.com
    1000A Battery Pack, Air Pack, Black Dymond Detailer
    2016 RT Limited , Black

Spyder Garage

On the website of Glo Ryder you can pre-order the mirco generator LED wheel lights. Here is a video of the system:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GloRyder View Post
    Straight from Glo Ryder Customs USA we are introducing a new line of caps that will fit the current version of our wheels lights. We would like your opinion on what one you like best or if you like them both. These are also available as an upgrade if you currently own Glo Ryder Wheel Lights and want to change the caps you already have. To save you money the caps will be available as a separate purchase and you will not need to replace your entire wheel light. We always like to hear from you first in the forums so please feel free to vote and let us know what you think!

gloryder-6shooter-wheel-light.jpggloryder-spike-wheel-light.jpg
    Can this RED light be seen from the front of the vehicle? if so, ain't that illegal?

Joe T.
    Joe T.
    I miss SoCal - - - -

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris View Post
    Did the self generating lights ever show up, thought they were suppose to show up last year but never saw that they did? Interested.
    I pre ordered them in Mar 2018. Original ship date was Oct 2018. Keep getting quarterly delays, redesign, redesign, not ready, not ready. Even writing this still don't have them. Only good thing is I paid lower cost, now they will be higher. Some delays include, going to do Bluetooth to work lights, well if Bluetooth is working lights, can't do other things. Found out generator would not charge after exceeding 55 mph, another redesign. So they WAY prematurely offered these for sale...………………………….
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Just my opinion, the older ones and then the newer older ones and the improved older ones, never worked properly.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I've seen a few...not impressed...sorry
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White