Took my 2008 GS out for a ride on Sunday. Had to clear my head, 7th anniversary of a former co-worker succumbing to cancer related to his work down in lower Manhattan after September 11th.
I saw numerous motorcyclists riding in such a manner that I was preparing to see a tragedy unfold before my eyes. In NY/NJ lane splitting is not allowed, nor did I practice that while I was riding two wheels prior to my accident in 2001, let alone at speeds reaching 70+. Nor did I ever consider using the shoulder of a roadway, to pass slower moving vehicles approaching a rotary/traffic circle.
Prior to owning a Spyder, and for those of you where this applies, when operating a motorcycle did you do so in the same manner that you do when operating a Spyder, or, are you forced to ride in a manner closer to that of a car due to the wheel base width..no more lane splitting, etc.?
Had a great ride nonetheless, remembering my friend, the fun times we had, and the time spent with another acquaintance who sadly also lost his fight to cancer from working down there...