Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Well, I've eventually landed on a 2015 RSS... today she got home after a small adventure .
    The ride was fun, and so far no complains. This one is low on milage as well - just above 5800k km.

IMG_20190706_192101.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looks nice!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    Looks nice!
    Thank you!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mrNewt View Post
    A lot of great information that I was not aware until now.
    Thank you guys!

The dealer where I am trying to get the 2012 is a litte far from me for a daily trip, but I've left messages and hopefully they will get back to me soon.
    For now, I have decided to go for the 2012, unless its sold already or dealer ignores me.

We will see .
    Not sure what dealer you are using but St Onge in Barrie is an excellent dealer ae I found my best price there for my 2012 rss, The service is excellent as well. Mine came with larger windshield, rear seat backrest, floor boards. I have added an ultimate seat gps radio, top box (less than $100) and I love the response of this bike, those motors are great as well
    Done all of Canada except NWT and parts of Australia, New Zealand and areas of Europe

Spyder Garage

Congrats! Well that is certainly going to grab some attention. Very, very nice...
    2014 ST-S , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nokesy View Post
    Not sure what dealer you are using but St Onge in Barrie is an excellent dealer ae I found my best price there for my 2012 rss, The service is excellent as well. Mine came with larger windshield, rear seat backrest, floor boards. I have added an ultimate seat gps radio, top box (less than $100) and I love the response of this bike, those motors are great as well
    Funny you should say that... but that is where I got this one .
    Definitely a great bunch of people over there

I see you are in Newmarket - I'm in Richmond Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by glennm View Post
    Congrats! Well that is certainly going to grab some attention. Very, very nice...
    Thanks!

Spyder Garage

I personally own two 2011 RSS. I love them both. I paid roughly $12,000 US for both of them. One had 3,000 miles and the other had 8,000, but modified bells an whistles. The bank showed that both bikes were worth roughly $13,500. Hopefully this helps!

Spyder Garage

Very nice ride, I have the 2014 RSS in almost the same colours and I’m loving it.
    Does the Canadian version separate the hi and low beams like the Australian version does?
    2014 RSS , 4 eyes conversion for headlights, 12v socket, 2x USB Ports, CTEK Charging Port. Black and White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fattymick View Post
    Very nice ride, I have the 2014 RSS in almost the same colours and I’m loving it.
    Does the Canadian version separate the hi and low beams like the Australian version does?
    Not sure what you you mean by separate... you mean different bulbs? As far as I can tell, its using the same bulb for Hi and Low. Low is automatically on based on the light conditions and Hi I have to switch it myself. But as far as I can tell, is the same bulb for both sides.

I gotta admit... I am kind of in love with my RS-S as well... didn't thought I would like it that much after riding the F3s; but damn, I keep on wondering why I waited so long to get one...
    Going for a 7 hours ride with some friends this Sunday and I am really, really looking forward to it (I will be the only trike in the group).

Spyder Garage

In Australia and New Zealand (and possibly Europe as well) they are separate as shown in the picture:
    Lights.jpg

My understanding is in the US they are where we have the high beams and you just have a shutter system inside that changes them from low to high.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PistonBlown View Post
    In Australia and New Zealand (and possibly Europe as well) they are separate as shown in the picture:
    That is actually pretty cool!
    I wish we would have this here as well . Looks much better with the additional lower lights.

My understanding is in the US they are where we have the high beams and you just have a shutter system inside that changes them from low to high.
    That is true. For the lower part, I think we have "fog lights"... but those as far as I know are optional only... and to make things even worse, the parts are not made anymore .

Speaking of... can you find the lower part assembly easy over there?
    Kind of interested to get them... .

Spyder Garage

mrNewt

Have you ever looked on Kijiji? It has both private & dealer listings.
    I use it all the time & have sold all my bikes on it.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
    mrNewt

Have you ever looked on Kijiji? It has both private & dealer listings.
    I use it all the time & have sold all my bikes on it.
    When I was looking for a trike, I did, but nothing that I liked. I found that Facebook has more listings than Kijiji when it comes to Can-Am stuff.
    Parts is even harder to find on Kijiji when it comes to these trikes.

I know Montreal area has more listings - they are more popular in Quebec than here in Ontario.
    I'm still waiting to come across with another Spyder... I feel lonely (and unique I guess) over here .
    I do feel and see the stares of people on the sidewalks.

Spyder Garage

mrNewt,

The best part is if you reverse wire the low beams you can have all four lights come on as high beam, so you can get lots of light across the road, then replace all four 60w globes with LEDs you can pick extra power to run LED driving lights and other electronics.

B4F67FEE-1EDC-4ED8-89CA-6403FA63DA05.jpg
    2014 RSS , 4 eyes conversion for headlights, 12v socket, 2x USB Ports, CTEK Charging Port. Black and White

Spyder Garage

mrNewt,

The best part is if you reverse wire the low beams you can have all four lights come on as high beam, so you can get lots of light across the road, then replace all four 60w globes with LEDs you can pick extra power to run LED driving lights and other electronics
    That would be my idea as well .

Problem is finding the fog light set... impossible to find it with all the components you need. You also have to replace the air ducts trim pieces.
    I have found just the light assembly (for the same cost as if it would of included the air vents and harness as well), but no air vents or harness included.

Other solution (and probably the route I will end up going eventually) is finding a headlight small enough that will fit inside the existing plastic trim but can support low/high beam bulbs.

I think I am derailing my own thread ... I should start a fresh one whenever I start figuring out how to approach this project.
    For now I am still hoping to find a lost, plug and play, complete kit to add it on.

Spyder Garage

mrNewt,

The best part is if you reverse wire the low beams you can have all four lights come on as high beam, so you can get lots of light across the road, then replace all four 60w globes with LEDs you can pick extra power to run LED driving lights and other electronics.

B4F67FEE-1EDC-4ED8-89CA-6403FA63DA05.jpg
    Yep I've got mine wired that way as well. Make a big difference on country roads with no markings.

@MrNewt - No idea why in Canada and the US they are different, I'm guessing its differences in legation. It's like the rear indicators on New Zealand models are massive with a big red reflector around them as we have to have red reflectors on either side at the rear of the vehicle, the ones on the back of the front fenders are not sufficient here.

Spyder Garage

Yep I've got mine wired that way as well. Make a big difference on country roads with no markings.

@MrNewt - No idea why in Canada and the US they are different, I'm guessing its differences in legation. It's like the rear indicators on New Zealand models are massive with a big red reflector around them as we have to have red reflectors on either side at the rear of the vehicle, the ones on the back of the front fenders are not sufficient here.
    Sooooooooooooo... can you find replacement sets at your dealers?

Spyder Garage

Don’t know never asked, lol

@PistonBlown we have the same huge indicators as well as the Hella square white “reversing” light, looks bloody horrible above the numberplate light, though the previous owner took mine off.

Spyder Garage

That same thought had gone through my mind but then I thought about the $700 shipping and tax I ended up paying on a part I got shipped from Canada that cost $80 and I thought that probably wasn't a good idea:-)

However I am going to see if I can get the part numbers for you as its probably more likely Can-am will still have some stock - the parts will probably be the same as the fog lights but the part numbers are likely to be different. I know that's the case for other parts e.g. the seats on an RSS

Spyder Garage

Don’t know never asked, lol

@PistonBlown we have the same huge indicators as well as the Hella square white “reversing” light, looks bloody horrible above the numberplate light, though the previous owner took mine off.
    I've simplified the backend of mine quite a bit with a rear fender off a Kawasaki and led indicators - well except for the "beer barrel" aux-tank:

Kurow2.jpg

PS Just incidental what's in the background;-)

Spyder Garage

@mrNewt try this http://epc.brp.com/Index.aspx?lang=E...6-17477c45b301

Look under roadster-2015-Spyder-Spyder RSS 2015- 10.electrical system 2. it shows the lights

Spyder Garage

That same thought had gone through my mind but then I thought about the $700 shipping and tax I ended up paying on a part I got shipped from Canada that cost $80 and I thought that probably wasn't a good idea:-)

However I am going to see if I can get the part numbers for you as its probably more likely Can-am will still have some stock - the parts will probably be the same as the fog lights but the part numbers are likely to be different. I know that's the case for other parts e.g. the seats on an RSS
    Oh man... that is such rip-off... was this from BRP or private seller? Did you know before hand or was it like a "Surprise!".
    Damn, sorry to hear that .

@mrNewt try this http://epc.brp.com/Index.aspx?lang=E...6-17477c45b301

Look under roadster-2015-Spyder-Spyder RSS 2015- 10.electrical system 2. it shows the lights
    Thank you - I will try and see if I can find them... lots of stuff in there .
    Can you just add them to the cart and order them!?

Spyder Garage

Ha, I think I got all the parts in my list... but I see no Checkout ;(... eh well, I'll be hunting for the part numbers online then.

partNumbers.PNG

Spyder Garage

Ha, I think I got all the parts in my list... but I see no Checkout ;(... eh well, I'll be hunting for the part numbers online then.

partNumbers.PNG
    I finished off the driving light install today as I’m doing our winter FarRide next weekend and will be about five hours of night riding. I also installed a 12v/USB socket and well as a Ctek charger port. I had the lower light surround off so I got a picture of the part number for you.
    31B47DC7-7B26-4187-A8DD-B1C1D00200C8.jpg

D7389EAD-F4BE-4B1F-91A3-CBFD2C3BB501.jpg

DCB65001-5993-4818-BAA0-FC9FBB66053C.jpeg

5C8CC08D-E5CA-4DA9-BDCB-3608BBECAFA8.jpg

Spyder Garage

Nice - thank you!