Spyder Garage

Default 2019 Spyder RT Ltd Won’t Connect to New iPod

Just picked up our 2019 Can-Am Spyder RT Ltd last Friday. Love it. I wrestled with getting both our phones to connect, but got that done. I bought my wife a new iPod for her music. When I try to connect with Bluetooth, the paring code flashes then I immediately get a “can’t connect” message so I can’t accept the paring code. Tired dozens of times and get the same message. I don’t understand why it won’t let me pair it when it has the same iOS that my iPhone does and I finally got it connected. Put in a Support Ticket with Can-Am and they said they will respond Monday. Anyone else come across this problem?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-16-2019 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Prefix n/a

Spyder Garage

brp connect will not work with an ipod.
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Might not let two devices be connected at the same time

Spyder Garage

I have been fighting with the electronics since I picked up the bike in February. I feel your pain. The iPod does not pair to the bike via bluetooth or at least not that I can figure out. You have to plug it in to the aux port and just listen to the songs. I can't get mine to have any control over the music other than volume. I wonder what would happen if I plugged the ipod into the usb port not the aux jack? Hmm something to try this evening. But that would remove the GPS view from the dash, which I do use on long trips and I only want the ipod on long trips when I'm out of radio station range. So that defeats that. But still curious if it would give me more function for the ipod.

What I do is pair my iPod to the Sena via bluetooth and make sure the audio multitasking is turned on so I can hear my intercom through the music and plug it into the usb port for power only in the trunk. And then I have to remember to turn the ipod bluetooth off when I want the radio or the bike to be the main audio source. And make sure my phone bluetooth is off to the sena if I want it to connect to the bike or set as the 2nd phone input on the sena. UGGGGG!!

Also just a random FYI for all those that say you need the apple brand cords to work with an iphone/ipod. That is not necessarily true, but you do need to make sure you get the data/sync cable and not just generic power cord. Not all cords are data transfer. I have a couple different data cables that aren't Apple brand and they work just fine, but I also have a handful of power only that don't work for the GPS via BRP connect they must be data too.
    2021 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

I have an old ipod (no bluetooth) that I can hook up to the aux cord in the frunk on my 2019 RT limited. Songs play and sound great - but there is no info (title/artist etc.) showing on the console. Has anyone figured out if there is a work around for this. Not a big deal - but would be nice.

Thanks in advance.
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Snakeeyes - This spring I traded my 2016 RT in for a new left over 2019 RT Ltd. My iPod nano worked great with the 2016 - just connect to USB in rear trunk and everything worked great. Now, as I've tried this with the 2019 I've had nothing but frustration. As I understand the USB in rear trunk charges only - no play. When I plug the iPod into the USB in front trunk I get nothing through the music system. When I plug the audio cable in to the iPod, turn the volume way up on the iPod and most of way up on Spyder sound system I can hear music, but have no controls other than volume. Is that the best there is? I"m wondering if I would have better success with an MP3 player. Any thoughts? SpydeyCR

Spyder Garage

see post #2
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer