Spyder Garage

Default Extended warranty 2018 RT

2018 RT 10,000 miles and one year left on the factory warranty

I've read and read. I've done the Google stuff. I've seen forum posts about this company and that company.

It all boils down to what happens when you file a claim and up front what the cost is/was.

Today I talked to the sales guy at the dealer where I have my bike service done (not the one I bought it from/they will never see me again). He suggests AEIGS. He also sells Western Service.

AEGIS for three years is $998 which is a bit high but NO deductible and they are great on claims. I could add another $150 for a fourth year.

It's a crap shoot either way. Down the road you wish you had one, down the road you didn't need it and the money is gone. That's what the warranty people live on. You buy it probably will never need it.

I'm thinking that for $1000 another FOUR years worth of warranty might be a good thing. Pretty much anything that breaks in the four extra years covered will be worth the cost...

Anyone had experience with AEGIS??
    Safe journeys.......

2018 Spyder RT
    Custom Pinstriping by Fastripe.com see video @ https://www.dropbox.com/s/5icsez0g0w...iping.mp4?dl=0
    18" floor boards
    Ram mount phone X holder
    Ram mount cup holder

Spyder Garage

Sierra Cycles Dealership in Arizona I believe sells the B.E.S.T. warranty for little over $600. for 3 yrs. 3rd party warranties are a crap shoot. Hard to get them to pay or they probbly wont be around when you need them. Do a search here for BEST warranty an see some of the replies.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ride2GetHigh View Post
    I'm thinking that for $1000 another FOUR years worth of warranty might be a good thing. Pretty much anything that breaks in the four extra years covered will be worth the cost...
    If the company has a good reputation, it sounds like a good deal to me. From what I've read in these forums, a single repair could end up costing the price of a four year warranty. And that's when the first three words that pop into your mind will be "I should have.................."
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

The problem with independent extended warranties is most require the customer to pay the full bill up front and then file with the warranty company. Since you can shop for the most reasonable price on a B.E.S.T. warranty to get five years total protection from BRP it is a much better option IMO. A $50 deductible for each B.E.S.T. warranty repair beats having to pay the big bill and waiting to see how much a third party is going to reimburse.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

The dealer I work with said this. Some third party warranties are only as good as the company is around. Some come and go. The B.E.S.T warranty is from GRP. They will be around but look at the price they want. BRP.
    The AEGIS people have been around for a very long time, they have a great reputation and aren't going any where. Plus the full coverage or more than the B.E.S.T and NO deductible. Looks good to me. Then again I don't know.......

2018 Spyder RT
    Custom Pinstriping by Fastripe.com see video @ https://www.dropbox.com/s/5icsez0g0w...iping.mp4?dl=0
    18" floor boards
    Ram mount phone X holder
    Ram mount cup holder