Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So Sad

Spyder Garage

Neither time or place on here for recriminations or suggestions about those Veterans, Rest easy!

Thoughts and prayers are for them and the huge rippling effect on families and friends.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Heck - poor buggers appear to have had no chance at all.
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vtrider View Post
    This is the latest report from the the local news in my area on this story.
    https://www.wcax.com/content/news/Dr...511782771.html
    Reading the story at the link, immediately thought texting.

Reading the story at this link, I'm now thinking he was texting, or falling asleep, this hauling company has had its drivers cited for log violations and drivers busted with speeders/amphetimines.

Not only should the driver do time, it sounds like the owner of the business should be charged with criminal neglect.
    2018 F3 Limited , Black/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Maybe we should turn him over to the survivors... seems they're mostly Marines. Might be instructive.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    Neither time or place on here for recriminations or suggestions about those Veterans, Rest easy!

Thoughts and prayers are for them and the huge rippling effect on families and friends.
    Yup!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrsuul View Post
    Maybe we should turn him over to the survivors... seems they're mostly Marines. Might be instructive.
    If we only could...
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Here is the section of the article I found that said the accident happened near where the group was staying... "within 500 feet." They probably were not up to speed to avoid much of anything, had a truck/trailer appear from the blind coming at them and probably were looking/thinking about the group getting on (or off) the road. I doubt in a split second I could or would have been able to react and escape.

Washington Examiner article

Jerry Hamanne, co-owner of a nearby inn that was hosting one of the bikers in the group, said he and a doctor also staying there went to the scene to help. "It was so devastating to see the bodies on the road,' Hamanne said. 'My God, I don't want to see something like this again." The crash happened about 500 feet from lodging where most of the motorcyclists were staying," he added.

Spyder Garage

I see where ICE has a detainer issued for him if he is released. I hope he goes to prison.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Update: Refugee Acquitted for Deaths of Five U.S. Marine Veterans, Their Spouses
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...their-spouses/

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't know what happened at the accident scene because I wasn't there.

But I do know a jury of those Marines' peers acquitted the truck driver of all charges.

It's a tragic event for all involved.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 08-10-2022 at 10:26 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"...but jurors in less than three hours found him not guilty of seven counts each of manslaughter and negligent homicide, as well as one count of reckless conduct... the defense team actually pointed the finger at Mazza Jr., saying he was drunk at the time of the crash. Lawyers for Zhukovskyy also argued Mazza wasn’t looking when he lost control of his motorcycle and slid in front of the truck."
    Last edited by UtahPete; 08-10-2022 at 10:20 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum