Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So Sad

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 06-25-2019 at 06:05 PM.
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sounds to me like this individual has had many traffic violations and DUI/drug charges in the past. He denies everything and fails to take accountability for his actions. Jail will be a good place for him.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinDavid View Post
    I will wait for the accident report to come out and detail what they did or didn't do. From initial reports, it sounded like they had just pulled onto the road and traveled a short distance before the truck came at them. If that is accurate, they probably were not real arranged yet and maybe even attention backward looking for all the group to have gotten on together. That is hearsay though that I've read in a couple of reports. I'll wait for the accident reconstruction people to do their work. You are right, we need to leave space and not be bowling pins... that much is good advice. The groups that I ride with either do that... or I won't ride with them. So sad for all the families impacted by this... and all of us impacted feeling the wind's connection to the fallen.
    While the official accident report is not yet available, there is at least one eye witness account from one of the surviving bikers (he was hit and thrown, but survived). According to this particular eye witness, the pickup was driving on the wrong side of the road on a blind hill. The truck took out the first four bikes as they had no time to evade (crested the hill and the truck was right in their lane). The pickup driver then proceeded to veer off the road (on the wrong side, accident scene photos bear this out) and the trailer is what hit the remaining riders.

This is all beyond sad -- it was so preventable, simply by keeping ONE driver off the road -- and there is plenty of justification to have done so with multiple DUI's and the overturn of a truck in Texas that got him fired from a previous job.

I continue to pray for the families and friends of all the riders involved ….. Ann
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Spyder Garage

This is the latest report from the the local news in my area on this story.
    https://www.wcax.com/content/news/Dr...511782771.html

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    Sounds to me like this individual has had many traffic violations and DUI/drug charges in the past. He denies everything and fails to take accountability for his actions. Jail will be a good place for him.
    Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder_Cowgirl View Post
    While the official accident report is not yet available, there is at least one eye witness account from one of the surviving bikers (he was hit and thrown, but survived). According to this particular eye witness, the pickup was driving on the wrong side of the road on a blind hill. The truck took out the first four bikes as they had no time to evade (crested the hill and the truck was right in their lane). The pickup driver then proceeded to veer off the road (on the wrong side, accident scene photos bear this out) and the trailer is what hit the remaining riders.

This is all beyond sad -- it was so preventable, simply by keeping ONE driver off the road -- and there is plenty of justification to have done so with multiple DUI's and the overturn of a truck in Texas that got him fired from a previous job.

I continue to pray for the families and friends of all the riders involved ….. Ann
    http://www.tbdailynews.com/westfield...WmzTq351IyX9Qs
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder_Cowgirl View Post

I'll never understand the laxity of our drunk driving laws. It seems the rights of the individual are more important than public safety when it comes to this sort of thing.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Like I said, the whole story's not out there for us to pass full judgment! That was a lot of truck and a good size gooseneck trailer, and new to all of it!! Time will tell the truth, we all hope! And there are family's that want to make some kid of sense to all of this crap!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Default Why was this guy allowed on the road?

He worked for Westfield Transportation located in West Springfield MA. They employed him even though he has had DUIs, drug issues, & other driving problems. Why did they hire him? A search of Westfield Transportation shows:
    Director Dartanyan Gasanoy
    President Dartanyan Gasanoy
    Secretaty Dartanyan Gasanoy
    Treasurer Dartanyan Gasanoy

Draw your own conclusions. I have mine..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

He's being held in West Stewartstown because prosecutors say his driving record, which includes past DUI arrests, makes him a danger to himself or the public.

Now he is a danger to the public ,so sad for sure.
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

We're told that driving is a privelage, not a right. Yet, when you try to take someone's license - for DUIs among other things - they hesitate too many times. I've seen it with one of my own.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My own Brother has had 7 DWI/DUI convictions.... After 30 years of this Bullsh1t: New York FINALLY got around to taking his license away from him...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I hate to paint with this broad brush, but in the offending drivers age group concerned, the state police need to subpoena his phone records. That's one thing I'm most afraid of now, texting morons. I call them Videots. Almost every time on the highway nowadays I see people using the side rumble strips and center marker reflectors to coarse correct while driving under the influence of technology. If found that he was texting while driving resulting in these deaths, there should be a more critical response to his sentencing.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

In a fatal accident such as this: they'll look at everything...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Found out this morning, his CDL should have been revoked some time back by the MASS DMV. The DMV failed to do so from DUI information placed in the national database and sent to MASS DMV by the state of Conn. The head of the MASS DMV has now resigned over it.

As if not bad enough, his prior felony DUI conviction and subsequent arrests for repeat infractions were sufficient grounds for deportation many months ago. (he is a resident alien, not a citizen).

So many system failures here. We do not need more laws. We need enforcement of the ones we have. Lots of hush hush going on as the local authorities do not want this played into the political storm its likely going to cause.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I'll never understand the laxity of our drunk driving laws. Road-side execution I'd be okay with,
    IMO, the basic reason the laws are so lax is that in every one of our state legislatures there are some elected representatives who have at one time or another had an alcohol related traffic offense or who have been known to routinely get behind the wheel when they've had too much to drink and may do so in the future.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Hi Pete,

Re: Road-side execution I'd be okay with,

I would hope that you might reconsider that statement.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Hi jc

Re: We do not need more laws. We need enforcement of the ones we have.

^^^^^ This is the true failure of the system.

IMO you can pass all the laws you want but if no one cares it will not do one iota of good.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) At least the head of the DMV did the honorable thing & resigned. Maybe some time in the slammer might teach her & others in those types of positions to do their jobs.

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    Hi Pete,

Re: Road-side execution I'd be okay with,

I would hope that you might reconsider that statement. Jerry Baumchen
    Jerry, of course I don't mean it literally. I'm just expressing my frustration with a system that cannot seem to remove truly dangerous, irresponsible people from hurting innocents.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    My own Brother has had 7 DWI/DUI convictions.... After 30 years of this Bullsh1t: New York FINALLY got around to taking his license away from him...
    There are those that continue driving without a license, even after revocation. Eventually, this person I know, he died at the ripe old age of 45 in a motor vehicle accident he caused. He hadn't gotten his license back since it had been taken away at 18 years, and 3 months. He had plenty of tickets and fines during that period. The person on the back of the motorcycle he was driving became a paraplegic; that person was the actual owner of the bike.

Spyder Garage

I smell a huge lawsuit. The lady that resigned from the DMV is admitting guilt by her actions. Things won't change unless you hit them until it hurts, then hit them harder. A loss of a few millions of dollars won't do a thing to ease the grief of those who lost, but it may change how people react to similar situations. People are consequence driven, and a lack of consequences equals a green light in this low morality society today. Provide them some negative consequences, see what happens.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    There are those that continue driving without a license, even after revocation.
    Alcoholics know how to game the system. Years ago I worked with a women whose husband was convicted of drunk driving several times and finally had his license revoked. What did he do? He played the part of a good guy, attending AA and staying sober. When the requisite time had lapsed and he stayed clean his license was reinstated. Then what? He went back to drinking and driving drunk. She finally realized it was hopeless and divorced him.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Terrible! a tragedy! Thoughts are with the families.

Spyder Garage

Hi Idaho,

Re: Alcoholics know how to game the system.

Boy, do they ever. My biological father was a life-long drunk so I know a little about this problem.

Also, have a 'family' member who has beaten five DUI's. Cost him a whole lot of money, but he did beat them.

Jerry Baumchen

2008 GS SE-5