Thread: A Short Update

Spyder Garage

Default A Short Update

I have been away from the site for most of a month now. That of course is extremely rare for me.

We left AK on May 11th for the road trip portion of our move to AK. I did a daily blog on the adventures, so wont re- do that.

We arrived in AR on Saturday the 18th. And then had a few more adventures. The buyers of our home in AK decided to play a few games to get their last "pound of flesh" out of me on concessions. I made the decision to stand firm and they lost on that one. The closing was delayed a couple more days because of it.

We closed on Tuesday the 21st. The funds transfer was then delayed by a couple more days...because the mortgage lender sent the funds to a wrong account...and they did not notify us about it until a few phone calls were made. The local bank gave us the keys to the the new home even without the funds in hand. But, I could see the local banker was a bit scared of the potential outcome.

We stepped lightly and did not do anything until the actual funds were in hand.

All was solved in a couple days. We solved some of our anxiety by going shopping. Since are household goods were still sitting in AK, we have an empty home to move into. We bought three rooms of new furniture (which was our intention anyway), and the home is now partially furnished with a kitchen, living room set, and a master bedroom set. A couple thousand additional dollars and we bought the necessities to make the home run until the rest of the stuff gets here.

We were able to get a TV up and running in a couple days. We had to use satellite because the local TV, internet, and land line phone had not yet put in a power cable from the road yet for those amenities. We went with sat. TV from one company...and was told the cable for phone, and internet would take about 4 weeks.

We signed up for the service and after three additional weeks we were still waiting. I saw another TV ad for the service and we hooked up with another sat. company that could provide the service.

Happily, that was installed yesterday. Now we finally have basic services. Six weeks without landline phone and internet was a bit much for even us.

Talked with the movers again yesterday. The goods had finally been moved to a depot in Montana as of last Sunday. We were told that we can most likely expect the goods to arrive the week of July 7th. So...we are still three weeks out for that part of the game. They have our Spyders and my motorcycle in that shipment. That is the only part that hurts.

We have gone on a couple day trips and the country is beautiful here. Can't wait to see it from the seat of a Spyder or MC.

We love the cost of living so far. We are eating out for less than half the price we paid in AK for going to the restaurant.

We love our new place. We are perched at the top of a hill and can sit on the front porch and see beautiful rolling hills with lines of trees, and at least two adjoining cattle farms across the road. Linda likes to watch the critters when they come to graze. We also have two farms that adjoin our property and have had cattle grazing right up to our fence line in our backyard.

The local peacock continues to entertain us. He spends most nights perched in our tree in the back. He calls out almost hourly during the night. Eight AM, and he starts calling out in earnest. Eight thirty or so, he dismounts the tree and displays his feathers for about a half hour or so. He walks around, calls out, does 360's, and just displays. He then makes his daily rounds...he sits on our fence for awhile then goes from farm to farm. We can hear him calling out during most of the day from a distance. He is used to us sitting on the back patio and watching. We have named him Sammy (after our cat that would come and wake us up at 5:00 AM most every day). Sammy and Princess both went to a new home prior to the move. We just did not have the room, or the ability to take them on an eight day journey. After eight years, they had bonded, so they found a home that took both of them in.

We are very happy so far. No regrets. No missing AK. Twenty years was enough though. We do miss the pets, but the peacock is helping, so far.

As Paul Harvey used to say..."Now you know the REST of the story.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 06-22-2019 at 09:50 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Well not all the REST of the story. Looking forward to your riding adventures in the new land. Glad to hear all has gone well so far. Good luck on the rest.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default Wow...!!

Quite a journey...but you made it and all worked out except for the furnishings. I dealt with movers in several moves and finally just rented the truck and did the last ones myself. Got stuck as you did only difference is I got them to reimburse me for the added expense for the delays. Hope it all arrives as planned (more or less). I had a peacock named neberdcanezard just nebby for short and can relate. your there and a whole new adventure await....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

So, you’ll be joining us at Deadwood? Beautiful area to ride in. Come on up!!
    Welcome back to the lower 48. I think you will love it!! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    So, you’ll be joining us at Deadwood? Beautiful area to ride in. Come on up!!
    Welcome back to the lower 48. I think you will love it!! Joe
    Deadwood was in our plans. That is the week that our household goods are to arrive.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was noticing your absence, and figured that it was due to getting things riveted into place in the new house.
    Blad that you're back!
    Now: go find Bryant, and look the Cruzr Joe

You can probably just go to his Town, and ask for "anonymous"!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the Sunny South.
    So that was your idea of a SHORT update?
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Welcome back to the lower 48 and warmer weather and it sounds like your happy and enjoying your new home.:
    Happy Spyder Owner

2008 SM5, Trunk Liner, 2" Block Riser, ESI 3" Risers, Evoluzione Cycle o2 Sensor Mod, Corbin Seat and Large Oval Backrest, Madstad RoboBrackets and 24" Clear Windshield, Chrome Clear Catseye LED Tail/Brake/License Plate Light, Brake Strobe, Kuryakyn Grips, Kewlmetals Performance Air kit, Custom Dynamic Orange LED's, Spyder 1 Attitude Performance Exhaust RSS-18-B, Day Runners, Day Pucks, Rivco Highway Pegs, ESI Mirror Extensions, Rivco Floorboards.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the update, good luck with your new home. Dale

Spyder Garage

Anything that is making noise every hour all night and is the species “turkey” just volunteered to become “dinner”.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the update... will be waiting for a new one when you have the time. NW Ark is truly beautiful. I know ya'll will enjoy riding when your bikes/spyders arrive!
    : )
    Gina J

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpot View Post
    Welcome to the Sunny South.
    So that was your idea of a SHORT update?
    I did think it was going to be short...but as each detail was added, it just grew. I did keep it under 50 pages though.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
    Anything that is making noise every hour all night and is the species “turkey” just volunteered to become “dinner”.
    He is too pretty to become dinner. We just consider the single call at a time to be nature calling. So far, we don't consider "Sammy" to be an issue.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But what could be prettier than this??

roast-turkey.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

When you have time, go and talk to the cows. I’ve been doing that for a few years now when traveling around the country and where I live. They can be quite fun. I’m usually video taping them when I talk to them. Lots of them will approach you but some will move away.

Spyder Garage

Talking to cows, that's interesting. There are several ranches that have therapy horses for military personnel with PTSD. The participants tell the horses things they will not tell anyone else. It really does help. The animals may not understand languages, but maybe they can sense what is going on.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    But what could be prettier than this??

roast-turkey.jpg
    how about this....

Was going to put in a picture of a peacock displaying...but it did not seem to carry over for me.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 06-24-2019 at 11:48 AM.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Well that’s pretty and all but you can’t eat it! Alaska?
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White