Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default I’m 5”6 going to buy F3 Is stock F3 handlebar adjustable?

BC0994A8-3A9E-4DD8-A893-0B64CD383CDA.jpg

Wondering if the Stock handlebar F3 will eventually hurting my back? I plan on riding it for fun not everyday ride. And my height is 5”6 , do I need to purchase something on the side or not?
    Also is F3 handlebar adjustable? Also the picture attached from when I went to get the license, if you guys can tell me from the picture do I reach it too far or its about right? Any advise will be very helpful

Thanks you guys in advance.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jwill View Post

Wondering if the Stock handlebar F3 will eventually hurting my back? I plan on riding it for fun not everyday ride. And my height is 5”6 , do I need to purchase something on the side or not?
    Also is F3 handlebar adjustable? Also the picture attached from when I went to get the license, if you guys can tell me from the picture do I reach it too far or its about right? Any advise will be very helpful

Have you gone to a dealer to try it out first? To me, your handlebars seem to be too high for comfort.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Have you gone to a dealer to try it out first? To me, your handlebars seem to be too high for comfort.
    The one I’m buying is from private seller, and don’t get a chance to try it out yet. Is Stock handlebar adjustable thought?

Spyder Garage

Don't know about anybody else but mine was, I brought it back and down a bit so it fit better, no problem just loosen the 4 bolts and move it. The hex head bolts are an odd size, 7mm if a remember, but if you have a metric hex driver set should be no problem.
    2015 F3 S , Silver and orange

Spyder Garage

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Jblk9695 View Post
    Don't know about anybody else but mine was, I brought it back and down a bit so it fit better, no problem just loosen the 4 bolts and move it. The hex head bolts are an odd size, 7mm if a remember, but if you have a metric hex driver set should be no problem.

Spyder Garage

There are also three handlebar sizes in case adjusting this one does not work out. Of course you would have to buy the other handlebar. The UFIT system started with the F3.

Spyder Garage

I have an F3L so maybe my setup is not the same as yours. I am 5'10'' and I'm usually off the rack for clothes. So I assume my proportions are quite standard. When I bought my F3L, it came with the stock reach. I did develop a sore back with this setup. I recently changed to the short reach and it seems it may have fixed the issue. I'm not 100% sure because I haven't been on a day long ride yet. I doubt at 5'6'' the stock reach will fit you. You should plan on having to explore solutions. You should find a dealer with the Ufit system and test the various handlebars. The short reach makes it closer by 1 or 2 inches. For me, it seems that was all I needed. I also added a backrest and that also appears to help as well.

Good luck.

J
    2018 F3 Limited black, dark

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jbim View Post
    I have an F3L so maybe my setup is not the same as yours. I am 5'10'' and I'm usually off the rack for clothes. So I assume my proportions are quite standard. When I bought my F3L, it came with the stock reach. I did develop a sore back with this setup. I recently changed to the short reach and it seems it may have fixed the issue. I'm not 100% sure because I haven't been on a day long ride yet. I doubt at 5'6'' the stock reach will fit you. You should plan on having to explore solutions. You should find a dealer with the Ufit system and test the various handlebars. The short reach makes it closer by 1 or 2 inches. For me, it seems that was all I needed. I also added a backrest and that also appears to help as well.

Good luck.

J
    Thank you for your comment!! I figured, if you are 5”10 and still need shorter reach, then I definately need it to because I’m shorter than you. Do I understand it correctly?

Spyder Garage

Thank you for your comment!! I figured, if you are 5”10 and still need shorter reach, then I definately need it to because I’m shorter than you. Do I understand it correctly?
    Yes, that is what I meant.

J

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jbim View Post
    Yes, that is what I meant.

J
    What if I just do the roxraiser is it help or new short reach handlebar is better? Thanks

Spyder Garage

I have both short reach bars and 2in rox risers. I'm 5'7'' 29in inseam. Also have floorboards in position 2 and brp drivers backrest on 2016 F3 limited.
    BobIMG_20190528_113309_hdr.jpg

Spyder Garage

I took my bars off temporarily to fit a new mounting bracket and found that the bars had a locating pin preventing their rotation. This was a 2016 F3L so may be different to yours. If it's the same, you may find the only way to adjust the bars would be to grind off this locating pin, or replace the bars with another sort. If you grind off the pin, you may find that the bars will shift sometime in the future - not a good thing...
    Andrew
    Melbourne Australia
    2016 F3L Spyder

Now, wash your hands

Spyder Garage

True there is a location pin, but the bars are slotted so you do have a small amount of rotation available. I am 5'8" and found the short reach bars to be more comfortable. I have them rotated down
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

What if I just do the roxraiser is it help or new short reach handlebar is better? Thanks
    Personally I would start with the short reach bar. I think this is the minimum adjustment you will need. You may need more but it’s a good start. I read on this forum somewhere that the rox riser may be difficult to lock in place and may wiggle a bit.

Spyder Garage

I'm 5' 51/2"
    I just went from the OEM handlebars to the short reach.
    Night and day difference !!
    A ton easier on my arms and back.

Tommy J.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fireplug98 View Post
    I'm 5' 51/2"
    I just went from the OEM handlebars to the short reach.
    Night and day difference !!
    A ton easier on my arms and back.

Tommy J.
    Do you happen to move around on the peg and brake rod at all?

Spyder Garage

hey
    i have f3t
    year old now--went with the stock handlebars up to last month--now the short reach modification done by the dealer--
    i am 5ft8--the stock set up was not super painful/stressful but the extra few inches reach and stretch NOW i see were adding unnecessary hurt on the upper body--
    much more comfortable now--although the new set up seems to be bringingthem not only closer but a bit too higher up--might have to get them rotated down inch perhaps--id love to chat with you if you want

Spyder Garage

Do you happen to move around on the peg and brake rod at all?
    Stayed with OEM position (#3) but I ordered Lamont's #3 brake rod. It's shorter than OEM rod and lowers the brake pedal to a good height.

Tommy J.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Petrom714 View Post
    hey
    i have f3t
    year old now--went with the stock handlebars up to last month--now the short reach modification done by the dealer--
    i am 5ft8--the stock set up was not super painful/stressful but the extra few inches reach and stretch NOW i see were adding unnecessary hurt on the upper body--
    much more comfortable now--although the new set up seems to be bringingthem not only closer but a bit too higher up--might have to get them rotated down inch perhaps--id love to chat with you if you want
    Ofcourse, thank you .

Spyder Garage

I just picked up a new F3 Base model yesterday. I'm 5'8" and I'm considering the short reach UFIT bars, but I'm going to install a driver's backrest first to see how things feel. I did turn the bars down, which move them back slightly.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcraig View Post
    I just picked up a new F3 Base model yesterday. I'm 5'8" and I'm considering the short reach UFIT bars, but I'm going to install a driver's backrest first to see how things feel. I did turn the bars down, which move them back slightly.
    If you are 5"8 and still need short reach, I think I'm (5"6) for sure gonna have to get short reach then .

Spyder Garage

If you are 5"8 and still need short reach, I think I'm (5"6) for sure gonna have to get short reach then .
    It would be worth your time to go by a dealer and test drive one.

Spyder Garage

Installed the short reach handlebars today. Took less than 30 minutes and an easy install. The problem I was having was in order to avoid the mirrors being partially blocked by the handlebar controls, I had to rotate the bars down as far as they would go. Doing that caused the controls to bump the tank area and I got a little dent in the plastic. Everything clears the tank area now and no blockage of the mirrors view. It feels more comfortable too as my elbows aren't locking up.

Spyder Garage

The stock bars have some adjustment to them, it was mentioned before, loosen the 4 bolts and angle the bars down a bit. If that doesn’t work for you you can purchase the “short reach” bars. My wife is 5’ 4” and was having reach problems while turning. We adjusted the bars down for her but that was not enough so we went with the short reach bars to solve the problem.

Very Happy Spyder Guy
    The 2015 F3 has over 46,000 miles
    Have Spyder...Will Travel

Spyder Garage

Where would you guys recommend buying the short reach bar? I think it’s just the thing I need.