Thread: 2020 Ryker

Spyder Garage

Default 2020 Ryker

So.... the 2019 Rykers were rolled out in ~ September of 2018.
    It's now only a couple of months until the new model year. Has anybody heard of potential changes to the Ryker for 2020? Surely any updates are well through the engineering process and are being finalized for production.
    I know there was a wish-list poll on the forum a while back, just wondering how much (if any) will be addressed.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My guess is different color options, maybe even colors instead of matte black and more accessories. I don't think much more than that will change until maybe 21, 22 model year. At that point I think you'll see BRP start offering Rykers with more "stuff" like better suspension options, more power options, fully loaded with accessories, etc. Yes the price will be more but its the evolution of the line. The average Ryker rider has very little to no interest in a Spyder (my opinion). If BRP wants them to keep buying they are going to have to offer more Ryker models.

Spyder Garage

I'd like them to come out with a dual saddlebag option.

Spyder Garage

I doubt you will ever see huge changes otherwise the price will increase into Spyder range, then what's the point of having an entry level machine. I think the aftermarket will catch up soon and have some very good upgrades

Spyder Garage

maybe they offer a "longer" max-mount for a topcase or a complete new 2up Touring-Version ??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    maybe they offer a "longer" max-mount for a topcase or a complete new 2up Touring-Version ??
    The problem with extending the mount and having a passenger seat AND top case behind that is that it further unloads the already very lightly loaded front suspension. The bike wheelbase will not support that length. Its not stable. No, the Ryker is an entry level bike for occasional 2 up use. 2 up touring with luggage is firmly in the Spyder range.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    The problem with extending the mount and having a passenger seat AND top case behind that is that it further unloads the already very lightly loaded front suspension. The bike wheelbase will not support that length. Its not stable. No, the Ryker is an entry level bike for occasional 2 up use. 2 up touring with luggage is firmly in the Spyder range.
    2019 900 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Need a saddle bag for the left side ASAP!

Spyder Garage

I've been hearing lots of talk about a price increase for the Rally models only. They have been so popular BRP is wanting to cash in on them more. I can't blame them for wanting to do so.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Culpjp View Post
    I've been hearing lots of talk about a price increase for the Rally models only. They have been so popular BRP is wanting to cash in on them more. I can't blame them for wanting to do so.
    Maybe the 2019's will hold their value better then.......
    2019 900 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    My guess is different color options, maybe even colors instead of matte black and more accessories. I don't think much more than that will change until maybe 21, 22 model year. At that point I think you'll see BRP start offering Rykers with more "stuff" like better suspension options, more power options, fully loaded with accessories, etc. Yes the price will be more but its the evolution of the line. The average Ryker rider has very little to no interest in a Spyder (my opinion). If BRP wants them to keep buying they are going to have to offer more Ryker models.
    Totally disagree. If you start making them 'fully loaded with accessories' you're basically turning them into Spyders and BRP already has that covered with their full spectrum OF Spyders! BRP wanted a basic, stripped down three wheeler and that's the way I think it will stay. With their popularity, aftermarket companies may start offering more options but I don't think BRP will change much in my opinion.
    Spyder F3-S Special Series my traveling ride
    Ryker Rally modified for dual sport duty
    Honda Grom heavily modified for dual sport duty
    Ducati Scrambler Icon Dark my other traveling ride

Spyder Garage

I look at the ryker as geared towards sport while the bigger spyder is for cruising and comfort. Upgrades on the ryker should be strictly sport oriented like Brembo brakes, turbo, suspension, wheels and tires etc.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

and I am an older fella. You came up with a good proposition here! cueman

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by djdilliodon View Post
    I look at the ryker as geared towards sport while the bigger spyder is for cruising and comfort. Upgrades on the ryker should be strictly sport oriented like Brembo brakes, turbo, suspension, wheels and tires etc.
    Exactly. I agree totally. I think all these things will be offered in future ryker models.

Spyder Garage

Actually, I wasn't thinking major changes so much as perhaps an extra gallon of tank capacity, hazard flashers, a "real" key, maybe a locking frunk... things like that.

Spyder Garage

Based on BRP's "usual" pattern...I don't see many changes happening on Ryker for year two of production. Color change options usually happen...but not much mechanically.

It does a real good job for what it was designed for. Not for all the time touring or two up riders...but there are those that do that too. It's all about "different strokes for different folks," and now BRP seems to have that covered pretty well.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I will come by your shop 1 day to show you my Ryker, and let you test ride, and see if I can change your mind, that Touring and Luggage is not for the Ryker.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KID Ryker View Post
    I will come by your shop 1 day to show you my Ryker, and let you test ride, and see if I can change your mind, that Touring and Luggage is not for the Ryker.
    Touring 2 up plus a tail bag behind the passenger? The front end is already very lightly loaded. Shifting CG further rearward is not advised. Sure, nothing is impossible but its not likely a configuration BRP designed into the chassis. An F3 is much better suited to this use case and fully outfitted for this, not that much difference in real world pricing. But a world of difference in handling at speed. Yes, I have ridden and aligned Rykers.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Touring 2 up plus a tail bag behind the passenger? The front end is already very lightly loaded. Shifting CG further rearward is not advised. Sure, nothing is impossible but its not likely a configuration BRP designed into the chassis. An F3 is much better suited to this use case and fully outfitted for this, not that much difference in real world pricing. But a world of difference in handling at speed. Yes, I have ridden and aligned Rykers.
    sorry we are a lightweight couple and ride here in the Alps - lot of mountains /lot of curves ..the Ryker is built for that !!
    much easier to handle - shaft drive and FOX -Shocks - stepless CVT gearbox .. the Performance is better and its no Problem to load it up with a simple GIVI topcase..- we did 5.000 miles now without any Problems, thats new for us after 40.000 kms with our Spyders !!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

No one know until they have done it. I think it a great touring bike. Chris56 I thank you know better than anyone.

Spyder Garage

I hope they offer the ACE900 HO 90hp mmmmmmm

Spyder Garage

I’ve watched your progress with the Ryker and your various alterations, I really like the screen and top box and your passenger seat modifications. When you say you are a lightweight couple what weight are you approximately?
    Did you keep your Spyder(s) or did you decide to just go with the Ryker as an alternative?
    Thanks Colm
    2012 RT , Yes Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

LOL .. we have together (only ?) around 300 lbs - sometimes a little more
    we sold our Spyders - one Ryker is enough, maybe there is something new from BRP in the future (E-ryker & a "ST-Modell" ??)
    my Girl is also retired end of the year .. so our Tours will be longer (we have now 9.000 miles on the ryker - still no Problems !)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUGg1HOYf9k