Spyder Garage

Default Drain plug part # 2015 RTS

Hello everyone, I need to replace a stripped drain plug on my 2015 RTS, it is the smaller one located on the right side of the bike when seated that only uses a crush washer. It is NOT the engine drain plug that requires 3 o-rings. Local dealership cannot find it listed on there parts locator....
    Thank you in advance for your help.
    Daniel

Spyder Garage

420241782 Magnetic Drain Plug M12 X 1.5
    BRP's site says unavailable?

Cheap Cycle Parts, #19 on this link...
    https://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemp...e/clutch-cover
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sxonwls View Post
    Hello everyone, I need to replace a stripped drain plug on my 2015 RTS, it is the smaller one located on the right side of the bike when seated that only uses a crush washer. It is NOT the engine drain plug that requires 3 o-rings. Local dealership cannot find it listed on there parts locator....
    Thank you in advance for your help.
    Daniel
    Since the Pan is an alloy and the drain plug is steel …… I hope you didn't strip the threads on the Pan !!!!! ….. get a mirror and check it ….. …. Whenever I'm using a Ratchet upside down I always set it to either remove or tighten ….BEFORE … I use it ……. this way there's no guessing …..good luck …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Not real familiar with which engines are in the previous machines. I just messed up the hex hole in the drain plug on mine. Had to bump the plug out with a chisel. That plug is not going back in. Lamonster and several other places have a replacement drain plug for the 1330 Ace engines that do not have the torx and hex holes in them. They got bolt hex heads in 12mm and 14 mm that you can get a regular socket on. The one that takes the torx came out OK, but I am replacing both of them anyway to head off future problems. Won't need to lay under the bike with a dettal pick digging crud out of the hole in the plug or worrying about stripping it anymore. The 12mm and 14mm have enough meat there to turn them.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver