Spyder Garage

Angry Don't take your Spyder to Action in Bradenton, FL for service!

June 2019
    YESTERDAY

My final experience picking up my Spyder was appalling to say the least. The service writer Jimmy, has major attitude issues with customers that are older and/or ride spyders, or from out of town, I don't care which is. My final bill was way over the customary number of hours for the specific work performed. Especially one that is Platinum Certified by BRP. I was charged 5 hours! If it had still been under warranty. BRP would have only approved 1.5 hours. Most other dealerships in the Tampa general area quoted 2.5 hours for the same exact work out of warranty. I even checked the dealer I use back home, still 2.5 hours for the same work. Their hourly rate may be fair, but they charge double the amount of hours to do the same work. So costs more in the end. Yes in my previous career I had knowledge and experience with similar services. So I know how to check and verify what I am being told is the truth.
    It was unfortunate that the service manager Jeromy wasn't available to talk to like before. At least he had been reasonable. I had to pay Jimmy before I did my own test drive to see if fixed properly. Jimmy wasn't smart enough to understand why I wanted to wet the waterproof gear shift switch to see if it would hold up like it is supposed to. Of course I didn't want it to fail and it didn't. Luckily no signs of not shifting when wet. You see, sometimes long distance riders get their bikes wet and have to ride some in the rain. Get it?
    I will be repeating this review in other commonly used Spyder community forums/media. So other spyder riders will be warned of the over billed service hours and poor treatment by their lowly service writer. I will also check with my lawyer to see what can be done about this. They knew they had me over a barrel being from out of town and I had to have it towed there. I DO NOT RECOMMEND.
    Andy S. a.k.a. SpyderRT

2014 Black RT-S with SE6, Tri-Axis handlebars, Rear Trunk liner and shelf, Travel Cover, Heated Comfort seat, Driver Backrest, Akrapovic Silencer, 25 inch Adjustable Vent windshield, Adjustable Side Wind deflectors. BajaRon Swaybar and links. KOTT grills.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I feel your Pain , I don't go to dealers for work ….. Concerning the " Platinum " rating , from what I have read here, the Rating system they use ... has more to do with " SALES " of new machines than " Service " performance …… Mike

Spyder Garage

If you buy a brp product or have it serviced ,you should get a Questionnaire to fill out.If you fill it out with negative comments ,you will likely get a call from brp,i did .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm a bit late to this comment, but anyone use Barney's in Brandon? Seem to be nice folks...

Spyder Garage

I use Westcoast powersports here in Clearwater Fl. Great Group, Also check out the one in Kissimmee Fla.
    2014 RTS , Cognac