Thread: Gel Seat Pads

Spyder Garage

Default Gel Seat Pads

I have an Ultimate custom seat which is great and I've been riding it for about 35K miles and it feels pretty much like it did the day I installed it. On really long rides after 8 or 9 hours it's a bit uncomfortable. But not so much really. I'd like to that extra step toward perfect comfort. The question is, would a Saddleman's Gel seat pad be useful? I know Motorcycle Dave sells gel pads but on their site, I find only pads that you put into a seat frame to customize the factory seat. Saddleman is like the Air Hawk in that it sits on top of your seat. But Air Hawk and Gel are apples and oranges. I have an Air Hawk air seat pad and do use it from time to time but after a while, stuff it in the frunk. The Ultimate seat is fantastic from the get go. I'm trying to go just a step further. Has anyone used a gel seat with the Ultimate? Would there be a significant improvement or just a 'bit.' The medium size Saddleman Gel seat pad with sheep fleece cover is about $100. Is any improvement worth the bucks.

Spyder Garage

I bought the large speedmetal gel pad from Dennis Kirk - works great, about $59.

Spyder Garage

That must have been quite a while ago for the seat now costs $105 and another for $175. Still would like to know about its' usefulness coupled with the Ultimate seat.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ricford View Post
    That must have been quite a while ago for the seat now costs $105 and another for $175. Still would like to know about its' usefulness coupled with the Ultimate seat.
    https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...l-gel-seat-pad

Spyder Garage

Thanks. I went to the wrong site.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ricford View Post
    Thanks. I went to the wrong site.
    Naw, it was me that said it was Dennis Kirk - I checked my receipts and it was Revzilla. I bought two, they're sized just right (large) for both the rider and passenger seat positions.