Thread: ECU Flash

Spyder Garage

Default ECU Flash

I rode to Wick-It in Shreveport, LA today to discuss the ECU flashing. They said that it takes a couple of hours for Stage 1 and cost, after all is said and done, $500. Somewhere on this forum there is a discussion of what is done. Stage 2 requires more work and costs $600. It takes 5 or 6 hours but that's because they have to remove tupperware and modify the air cleaner box cover which covers your air filter, I expect to allow more air to the engine so it can now produce 10 more HP. As an alternative, you can send them the eprom which they will flash and return to you for Stage 1. For Stage 2, you'll need to send the eprom and air box cover. Call them and they'll explain all this. I cannot verify if what they do is excellent work. I've only heard it was. Final decision is on you. Ask around though.

They have a website which you can search for if you are interested. And there is a youtube video on what flashing does for the Can Am 4 wheelers. Pretty impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E0AWr8GHQ0

The one important question I failed to ask is whether or not this flash procedure voids your warranty. Super important question.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ricford View Post
    I rode to Wick-It in Shreveport, LA today to discuss the ECU flashing. They said that it takes a couple of hours for Stage 1 and cost, after all is said and done, $500. Somewhere on this forum there is a discussion of what is done. Stage 2 requires more work and costs $600. It takes 5 or 6 hours but that's because they have to remove tupperware and modify the air cleaner box cover which covers your air filter, I expect to allow more air to the engine so it can now produce 10 more HP. As an alternative, you can send them the eprom which they will flash and return to you for Stage 1. For Stage 2, you'll need to send the eprom and air box cover. Call them and they'll explain all this. I cannot verify if what they do is excellent work. I've only heard it was. Final decision is on you. Ask around though.

They have a website which you can search for if you are interested. And there is a youtube video on what flashing does for the Can Am 4 wheelers. Pretty impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E0AWr8GHQ0

The one important question I failed to ask is whether or not this flash procedure voids your warranty. Super important question.
    Thanks , great info ….. on the warranty thing - that is covered in the Moss Magnussen act …… ie - BRP has to PROVE what was changed caused a failure of OEM parts …… Mike

Spyder Garage

You bet it can and will void your warranty depending on what is wrong with the bike like any drivable issues ,tranny issues or any thing that has to do with the running of the vehicle. You are not just putting on or changing aftermarket parts you are changing the parameter's of the running of the engine which also can affect your emission warranty two . there is also a lot more to it than a yes or no answerer. I reflash ECU on cars and trucks

Spyder Garage

IF off warranty by all means yes to Stage I, if on warranty maybe yes depending on your comfort level with rolling the dice.....HUGE improvement on my `15 RT

Spyder Garage

Isn't it less money if YOU, the customer, remove the ECU and/or the air box cover and send it to them?
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

IF you are worried about the your warranty......do not do the ecu. Pretty simple.
    Bob, k7xi. 2013 RTL