Spyder Garage

Default Laam versus RDL?

I am considering a new seat for 2015 F3-S. I have read several posts about RDL seats being one of, if not the best seat. Have also read several about Laam seats being just as good. Even saw one that said they are better than RDL. I did not really see anyone that said they have or have had both types and that one is better than the other. So my question, has anyone had or currently have both types and which do you think is better? If one is better than the next, is it a lot better or just a little better. As anyone knows that has looked at each type, the price is quite a bit different so if the RDL is better, is it worth the price difference better? Thanks for any help!

Spyder Garage

On my Honda ST1300 I had both the RDL and Laam.
    I found the RDL to be hard, flat, and too wide. RDL has internal springs for us big guys. A good seat built for me but not to my liking.
    The Laam was a better fit in the seat bucket and not as wide in the leg area near the tank. Laam customer service is awesome.
    Both seat were way better than stock.

On my VStrom I had a great seat built by Terry Adcox.

On my Spyder ST I have a stock seat with an MCDave (one of our sponsors) gel pad insert. It works great for me.
    I use it for commuting and long tours.

If my stock Spyder seat ever has to be replaced, and if I could afford a custom seat, I would go with the Laam and ride in for a custom fitting.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

I have both. High quality. I like my Laam better. Fits better, costs less, one day ride in service. JMHO. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Joe & Dave = Thanks for the feedback!