Spyder Garage

Default Need Can AM magazine..tell me your ride stories!

I'm 65 years old and recently purchased a 2016 SPyder F3. I used to ride 2 up with my husband on his BMW but I lost my nerve on 2 wheels. I've had the SPyder a week and am loving it. I wish we had a Can Am SPyder magazine similiar to the BMW Owners News...they had detailed stories of riders trips.. the good, the bad , the ugly.. Great pointers for getting to 100,000 miles safely .If I was nervous about going two up on the bike, I'd read the magazine and felt a kinship. I like this forum, but am not seeing stories of rides, and its a little exhausting to navigate thru the site.. I'm not particularly computer literate. Id love to hear stories from others about a great trip/ride ...someone mentioned in one post "read Do's' and Dont's of riding a SPyder", but I cannot locate that post... Comments, Thoughts? Tell me your story so that I realize I CAN RIDE THIS THING (never rode a motorcycle) AND BE JUST FINE!!.. So far I've had no hiccups... couple of 45 mile rides with my hubby as passenger and then a couple solo rides near Sedona for 25 miles. THANKS

Spyder Garage

Hi Joanne,

Re: someone mentioned in one post "read Do's' and Dont's of riding a SPyder"

Try here: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-Spyder-owners

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Joanne if you look toward the top of the home page that will say Home, Forum, What's New, etc. , click on Forum. The second topic you see will be Spyder General Discussion. Click on that and the second post is Do and Do Nots. Click on that and start reading. Lots of helpful info there.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

My lovely bride for the last 44 years is with me on a bucket list ride and she is riding her own RTlimited . You can follow our trip just follow my Coast to Coast thread here on General Discussion. She did not start riding till she was 65 and has over 50,000 miles under her belt now.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome.

Spyder Garage

Welcome to Spyder Lovers, you're going to love your Spyder. We've only been riding our Spyder for a couple of months now and have put about 2000 miles on it. I'm thinking of naming her Nellie, as in Whoa, Nellie! We went on a ride to southern Arkansas and then up Hwy 21 to Harrison and then over to Eureka Springs and then home, 579 miles. Hwy 21 is quite full of twisties and I'm still learning how to handle them and keep up with the Harley Riders. It's quite hard to concentrate on the twisties while my wife's helmet is banging on the back of mine. She's back there sleeping, probably about an hour.
    Then we went to Cuba, Mo. for their SpyderJam . On a ride with maybe 100 Spyders we (the whole group)had to pull over and put on our rain gear cuz there was a storm coming. Well, about 20 minutes later we were riding thru a freakin' thunderstorm. I could hardly see the tail lights of the Spyder in front of me or where the road was. And again, wifey was back there sleeping thru it all. I was hoping that this wasn't a tornado about to suck us off to Oz.
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

I have been thinking the same thing, that it would be nice to have a paper magazine that I can take to bed and read before going off to slumberland. And the content as you described.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

There was a website, SpyderLife.net, that seemed to be just this, but I just checked and it appears defunct (since December 2018)...though there is a Facebook page...https://www.facebook.com/myspyderlife/ that looks like the same "owner" and content, eg Spyder and related articles.
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic