Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 69
  1. #26
    Very Active Member DGoebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Faribault, MN
    Posts
    1,807
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    I was just thinking I need to drive to Key West on my Spyder before the glaciers and ice caps melt and Florida is completely submerged and NOW I gotta worry about this?
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2013 RT Limited, Pearl White
    Farkles too numerous to list
    See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

  2. #27
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida Swamp
    Posts
    270
    Spyder Garage
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dondje View Post
    They have been available the whole time and evolving. Most just failed to buy them as they have been very expensive to buy and operate. Closer now than ever before to being affordable, and they are electric. AV and remote control drones are currently filling taxi and delivery roles, in a few markets. More to quickly come.

    Regards,

    Don

    Are they finally going to pave my road before all that stuff gets here or do they have mud bogging robot truck now?

  3. #28
    Very Active Member Bob Denman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Grahamsville, NY
    Posts
    92,455
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    BOB,

    " So: are you ready to volunteer to become Soylent Green?"

    A blast from the past!!!! Plenty of folks here won't get it though. My dad was the spitin' image of Edward G. Robinson.
    That was his last movie. I believe that he passed before it even got to the theaters...


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UPDUpjkHg0

  4. #29
    Very Active Member Grandpot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Fort Mill, SC
    Posts
    1,452
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    I thought we were talking about Key Lime pie down in the Keys.
    2011 RTS
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    US Navy Veteran
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    Vice President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

  5. #30
    Very Active Member JerryB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,920
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Hi Easy,

    Re ( again ): drivers passed out behind the wheel.

    'Symptoms include periods of excessive daytime sleepiness that usually last from seconds to minutes and may occur at any time.'

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcolepsy

    I've suffered from it my entire adult life. And, I have fallen asleep at the wheel a number of times.



    Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

    'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

    2008 GS SE-5

  6. #31
    Very Active Member Rogue Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,547
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    In Florida? Will they have the blinker on all the time and drive 10 mph under the speed limit to fit in?

  7. #32
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida Swamp
    Posts
    270
    Spyder Garage
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    In Florida? Will they have the blinker on all the time and drive 10 mph under the speed limit to fit in?
    Of course they will......... it is the law here. It is in the driver's Handbook........ next page after "Turning left across 2 lanes of traffic without using the blinkers".

    That comes under Bingo Night Rush Hour rules for "The Villages".

  8. #33
    Very Active Member PCBeachBum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Panama City Beach, FL
    Posts
    822
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Biggest hazzard in this part of FL is Tourist, who haven't a clue where they are going and anything can happen on any day, but especially on Fridays, when they come to the beach.
    Happy Spyder Owner


    2008 SM5, Trunk Liner, 2" Block Riser, ESI 3" Risers, Evoluzione Cycle o2 Sensor Mod, Corbin Seat and Large Oval Backrest, Madstad RoboBrackets and 24" Clear Windshield, Chrome Clear Catseye LED Tail/Brake/License Plate Light, Brake Strobe, Kuryakyn Grips, Kewlmetals Performance Air kit, Custom Dynamic Orange LED's, Spyder 1 Attitude Performance Exhaust RSS-18-B, Day Runners, Day Pucks, Rivco Highway Pegs, ESI Mirror Extensions, Rivco Floorboards.

  9. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Apollo, Pa. 15613
    Posts
    1
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    can't cover every situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    Motorcycle riders be aware in FL! Will these autos recognize motorcycles on the roads? Let the lawsuits begin?

    https://www.technocracy.news/florida...driving-autos/

  10. #35
    Very Active Member Rogue Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,547
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    Of course they will......... it is the law here. It is in the driver's Handbook........ next page after "Turning left across 2 lanes of traffic without using the blinkers".

    That comes under Bingo Night Rush Hour rules for "The Villages".
    There is also the law to plow into 30 pedestrians and not know what happed.

  11. #36
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Australia, NSW
    Posts
    69
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCBeachBum View Post
    Biggest hazzard in this part of FL is Tourist, who haven't a clue where they are going and anything can happen on any day, but especially on Fridays, when they come to the beach.
    I'll be one of them come November so beware especially as I have to drive on the wrong, I mean right side. Hope you don't have any roundabouts! Only beach we will be visiting is Cocoa Beach as we grew up with I dream of Jeannie.

  12. #37
    Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    3,948
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    There is also the law to plow into 30 pedestrians and not know what happed.
    maybe in paris or nyc

  13. #38
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North Central Florida
    Posts
    2,492
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    And, I have fallen asleep at the wheel a number of times.
    I can't say anything nice or constructive about that.......
    So I will just wish you luck.

  14. #39
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida Swamp
    Posts
    270
    Spyder Garage
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glennm View Post
    I'll be one of them come November so beware especially as I have to drive on the wrong, I mean right side. Hope you don't have any roundabouts! Only beach we will be visiting is Cocoa Beach as we grew up with I dream of Jeannie.
    Yeah, we do have a few round-a-bouts. Unfortunately, the suspension of safe driving rules only applies to little old, blue haired ladies in Caddies. Visitors from Oz still have to obey the traffic rules.

  15. #40
    Very Active Member JerryB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,920
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Hi Easy,

    Re: So I will just wish you luck.

    I can use it; and have been mostly lucky so far. And it is something that I think about all the time when driving.

    Jerry Baumchen

    PS) I have never heard of a cure for Narcolepsy.
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

    'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

    2008 GS SE-5

  16. #41
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Australia, NSW
    Posts
    69
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    Yeah, we do have a few round-a-bouts. Unfortunately, the suspension of safe driving rules only applies to little old, blue haired ladies in Caddies. Visitors from Oz still have to obey the traffic rules.
    LoL. Thanks thought that might be the case. Similar here on the gold coast except they are driving a Merc or lexus. So Gwolf what is the best air boat ride to go on?

  17. #42
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida Swamp
    Posts
    270
    Spyder Garage
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glennm View Post
    LoL. Thanks thought that might be the case. Similar here on the gold coast except they are driving a Merc or lexus. So Gwolf what is the best air boat ride to go on?

    Don't know, used to own one, but never been on any of the tourist air boat rides. Still got friends that own them. I ride with them sometimes.

    I was with the 834th Air Division at Ton Sun Nhut back in the early 70s. We had a RAAF C-7 Caribou Squadron assigned there too. I was on C-130s out of Ching Chuan Kang Air Base.

  18. #43
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Australia, NSW
    Posts
    69
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    Don't know, used to own one, but never been on any of the tourist air boat rides. Still got friends that own them. I ride with them sometimes.
    .
    Thanks have been checking youtube as well.

  19. #44
    Very Active Member Bob Denman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Grahamsville, NY
    Posts
    92,455
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    Hi Easy,

    Re: So I will just wish you luck.

    I can use it; and have been mostly lucky so far. And it is something that I think about all the time when driving.

    Jerry Baumchen

    PS) I have never heard of a cure for Narcolepsy.
    Narcolepsy has an odd way of curing itself...
    It usually involves a solid impact with a bridge upright, or a tree!

  20. #45
    Very Active Member JerryB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,920
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Hi Bob,

    Re: Narcolepsy has an odd way of curing itself... It usually involves a solid impact with a bridge upright, or a tree!

    Back in '68, I did hit a bridge; didn't cure it.

    Any other suggestions that might work?

    Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

    'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

    2008 GS SE-5

  21. #46
    Very Active Member Bob Denman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Grahamsville, NY
    Posts
    92,455
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    I would say that you need a bit more "terminal" velocity...

    But I really, truly wouldn't want that to happen to you!

  22. #47
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North Central Florida
    Posts
    2,492
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    Back in '68, I did hit a bridge; didn't cure it.

    Any other suggestions that might work?

    Jerry Baumchen
    OK, this has gone far enough.
    How exactly is it that a person with narcolepsy is still driving or riding a motorcycle ?
    Forget the danger to you, how about the danger to the others on the road AROUND you ?

    This is really just a troll, right ??

  23. #48
    Very Active Member Bob Denman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Grahamsville, NY
    Posts
    92,455
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Nope... it's just our Jerry!
    There's an old saying:
    "Love the Sinner; but hate the sin..."

  24. #49
    Very Active Member JerryB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,920
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Hi Easy,

    Re: how about the danger to the others on the road AROUND you ?

    A few years ago, here in Oregon, a guy fell asleep & the wheel and killed two people. He was not charged as falling asleep at the wheel is not illegal in Oregon.

    Re: This is really just a troll, right ??

    Nope, could not be more truthful.

    I deal with it by drinking a LOT of caffeine ( Coke, coffee, etc ) whenever I feel it coming on.

    Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

    'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

    2008 GS SE-5

  25. #50
    Very Active Member Bob Denman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Grahamsville, NY
    Posts
    92,455
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Jerry,
    I do have a question:
    While falling asleep at the wheel isn't illegal: how does Oregon feel about folks who drive while knowing that they suffer from a condition which does endanger the public?

    And that it was never disclosed on an application for a license; or it's renewal?

    (Okay: TWO questions...)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •