Thread: F3L Seat

Spyder Garage

Default F3L Seat

To all you guys that went from an RT to an F3:

I'm contemplating the switch. The only thing I'm worried about is PASSENGER SEATING. It diesn't look like there's much room back there. I haven't had my wife out for a ride on an F3 yet but I was wondering if I could get some opinions on the comparison between the two. I currently have a '16 RT-S with an Ultimate seat, backrest and passenger backpad.

Any input would be appreciated.....

Bill
    Bill W

2019 F3 LTD

Spyder Garage

The F3L seat is not very big for a passenger unless they are pretty slim, the solution is to get the Seat Extender from Spyderpops, it adds 4+ inches of room for the passenger without taking any away from the driver.

it looks like it came from the factory when installed and is comfortable, solid and looks great.

www.spyderpops.com or call him at 501 760-1234

My wife was not happy with the original seat but really likes the extended seat even better than the RT seat.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Same here. My wife said my 18 F3L has more room than the 15 RTS with the trunk extender. She is very happy with it. If it wasn't for Spyder pops I wouldn't have an F3L.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I have to agree with JP58, my girlfriend did NOT like the F3L, she was gramped. after SPYDERPOPS extension, She LOVED it, not only did it give her plenty of room, she said that her legs changed position and felt very comfortable, AND I had room to install my backrest.
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Does this trunk extender just allow the passenger to recline more thus giving more space? Also, can you extend one, two, three inches or do you have to go the entire five inches?

Poasttown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Poasttown View Post
    Does this trunk extender just allow the passenger to recline more thus giving more space? Also, can you extend one, two, three inches or do you have to go the entire five inches?

Poasttown
    Its really about 4" but she will sit back farther on the extended pad. The back lip of the seat is really soft so you don't really even feel it. It is not adjustable.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

any info on the installation ? pics ?

Spyder Garage

I also would love to see pics, or a video of an install. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I made my own extender kit for 0$ - only moved it back 2 1/2" - rock solid and my wife has plenty of room.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 40Xshooter View Post
    To all you guys that went from an RT to an F3:

I'm contemplating the switch. The only thing I'm worried about is PASSENGER SEATING. It diesn't look like there's much room back there. I haven't had my wife out for a ride on an F3 yet but I was wondering if I could get some opinions on the comparison between the two. I currently have a '16 RT-S with an Ultimate seat, backrest and passenger backpad.

Any input would be appreciated.....

Bill
    My wife is 5'-5", 128 lbs. and she says she has plenty of room.
    2018 F3 Limited , Black/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoSpyder View Post
    My wife is 5'-5", 128 lbs. and she says she has plenty of room.
    Ditto; my lady is 5' 6", weighs about 138# and has plenty of room in the stock F3L seat (no extender).

She really liked the stock F3L passenger seat because, relative to me, she sat higher and looked over my head. She preferred the F3L over the RTL. My hips couldn't tolerate sitting on an RT, so our purchase choice was easy. I added BRP arm rests for her security. I then found I really couldn't stand the stock driver seat on the F3L (which is a two-piece set-up) for rides of more than 45 minutes. Switched to an Ultimate seat, which is one-piece. Overall result was that the Ultimate seat raised me up as driver about 1" higher, but also lowered her, relative to me, about 1-1/2". That means she now looks more around side of my helmet instead of over, which she doesn't like as much, but she does find the Ultimate seat very comfortable. It is a great improvement for me, and increased my riding time to 3 hours (if wanted) before a break. Bottom line (pun intended), if your wife is average size, the stock F3L seat is comfortable and roomy enough. However, best that you and your lady go for a test ride and check out the fit in person; it's the only true way to know what fits, and what won't.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Front to back the F3 with extender is much roomier than the RT. The back rest on the F3 seems to be shorter than the RT, but that's mostly because the F3 passenger sits higher. My wife has more room on the F3 with extender, but she'd like a higher back support on the top case like the RT had. From a rider perspective, for me, being 6'4" the F3L was much more roomier and comfortable than the RT.