Thread: Baptized

Spyder Garage

Default Baptized

Got rained on today. A first for me on the Spyder. All other experience in the rain was in my BRC. Rained on early on in my ryde. Rode out of it and pretty much dried out completely. Rained on again close to the end of my ryde. Arrived home a bit soggy. Everything is drying out.

I was impressed with how the Spyder handled. No problems whatsoever. I even think the brakes were not affected. Though I don't make a practice of racing into stops.

After this, I think I will be more willing to go out even if the forecast is iffy. Didn't get to try out my new raingear primarily because it was still lying on a bed at home. Don't think I would have stopped to put it on anyway. One minute is was sunny. Next minute I was soaked. I don't think I would have enjoyed the sauna under the raingear if I had put it on with me soaked underneath.

All in all, a good day and a good ryde. Hope everyone is enjoying the 4th of July!!!
    Marilyn

Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Marilyn:

You folks in New England need to send some of those showers to Texas... another 100+ day today (did see some showers yesterday, but only isolated at best)...

Trike a LOT safer on a wet, slick, road too!! In our part of the Country, when it has been dry and the rain first falls, the roads are VERY slick.

Ride safe -- enjoy the 4th...(I'm smoking some baby-back ribs right now - plus enjoying a nice Vermont Woodchuck Draft Apple Cider)..

don
    Last edited by Don in E Texas; 07-04-2009 at 03:28 PM. Reason: add Cider
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Spyder Garage

We were riding home late yesterday afternoon and got caught in a little rain - not much but it was enough to make me skid a bit - we were on a very windy road and sort of riding fast to get home. First time I felt the back end go squirrly but it was like the bike fixed itself and I didn't have to do a thing.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I went out in a good old Kansas downpour last month. I took the Spyder over to the Lear Jet/Bombardier parking lot it was Sunday so it was empty, I didn't think they would mind me testing my bike there they test their planes over my house all the time. There was a good inch of standing water and I took the Spyder through its paces. The ABS works awesome in the rain. You just stop and you better have your arms braced on the handlebars or you will fly over. I did an avoidance drill at max braking and it just turned into the new lane while braking without a slip. You do need to feather the throttle or you will break the rear loose but nanny catches it fine. I have since rode it to work in the rain a couple of times and had to come home a couple of times in the rain. I keep my rain suit in its bag in the bottom of the trunk. My only worry now is if the guy behind me can get stopped!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Smile

went riding today and got caught in alittle rain but when I got home and pulled into the garage it down poured hard,just made it home in time. I would not have cared anyway,having a blast riding.