Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default F3 Bajaron Swaybar Install

Overall a pretty simple job, and what a difference in body roll as it eliminates the wallow the machine had while cornering.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 F3 Limited , Black/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoSpyder View Post
    Overall a pretty simple job, and what a difference in body roll as it eliminates the wallow the machine had while cornering.
    Howdy;

Jeezzz... you fellers are making this mod dang-near impossible to resist! Whut's good ol' Sir Ron payin' his frontmen anyways?

Now, if it weren't fer the absurd exchange rate, the duties, the taxes, the shipping fees ..... *sigh*. We's talkin' serious beer money here, dang-it!

Thankee fer postin'!

Cheers
    E

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    Howdy;

Jeezzz... you fellers are making this mod dang-near impossible to resist! Whut's good ol' Sir Ron payin' his frontmen anyways?

Now, if it weren't fer the absurd exchange rate, the duties, the taxes, the shipping fees ..... *sigh*. We's talkin' serious beer money here, dang-it!

Thankee fer postin'!

Cheers
    E
    Hey! If yer from Canuckistan, you can afford it because you have free health care. We gotta pay big time. My wife went in the hospital in Nov last year and I'm still getting bills. Just paid one that was from 11-16-18 for $80. All told that visit cost me better than 15000k with Aetna and Medicare in tow. Darned if she didn't go in four days after the deductible kicked in. Next time she gotta do that before it runs out.

Don't hesitate to get Ron's Bar. Best addition I've made to my F3T hands down.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Having not yet lifted mine, tell me what needs to be done before placing the jack and where you located the jack. I'm definitely going to be adding that sway bar, but after I get a lot more miles on mine to get a good feel. Only 300 miles so far. Thanks in advance.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    Hey! If yer from Canuckistan, you can afford it because you have free health care. We gotta pay big time. My wife went in the hospital in Nov last year and I'm still getting bills. Just paid one that was from 11-16-18 for $80. All told that visit cost me better than 15000k with Aetna and Medicare in tow. Darned if she didn't go in four days after the deductible kicked in. Next time she gotta do that before it runs out.

Don't hesitate to get Ron's Bar. Best addition I've made to my F3T hands down.
    LMAO !!!!

Ye fergits that a two-fer up here sets us back $40+ Canook bucks (fer the premium Yak Pish i swill, at any rate). And gas is ~$5 US/gal fer non-ethanol 91. Eggs - $2.99/doz. And on and on. Plus, 'free' ain't worth a coonfart if'n ye gots to wait 6 months fer a procedure. Ye's deyd befer they calls ye number, lol.

Ok, ok - ye got me - danged bar is on me wish list. Prolly git the bar befer the bike, lol. Phookin' Phrankophone BRP logistics .... arghhh.

Cheers
    E

Spyder Garage

Entropy, you slay me. Americans (mostly the leftist ones) think that Canada's health care is the cat's pajamas. I have Canadian friends and they tell me the same thing; you can die awaiting a critical procedure.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.

Spyder Garage

Pretty nifty jack you've got there, how high you've got the Spyder in the air?
    2018 F3S , Monolith Black Satin

Spyder Garage

Weren’t you afraid your 900+ lb Spyder was going to fall on you? Looks precarious to me.
    2016 F3L , Big Bike Parts Black

Spyder Garage

Much easier to dig a hole and roll the bike over it. No worries that way of the bike falling or getting hurt.
    It really is a sickness!
    2015 F3S-T , Black Black & Black

Spyder Garage

Reading on how much everyone loves this sway bar, mine is ordered and I am super excited to have it installed.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy37 View Post
    Reading on how much everyone loves this sway bar, mine is ordered and I am super excited to have it installed.
    Howdy;

Tell ye whut. I'm in Ontary. How's aboot I get good 'ole Sir Ron to have mine shipped to yer place to save duties, I mosey on down, we dig that 'ole hole together and install both bars. I'll buy the libations fer after.

Cheers!
    E

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    Howdy;

Tell ye whut. I'm in Ontary. How's aboot I get good 'ole Sir Ron to have mine shipped to yer place to save duties, I mosey on down, we dig that 'ole hole together and install both bars. I'll buy the libations fer after.

Cheers!
    E
    Good thinking E! And you'll gain a friend too - and so will Tracy. You can have a sway bar installation party. A win, win, win for the two of you.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    Having not yet lifted mine, tell me what needs to be done before placing the jack and where you located the jack. I'm definitely going to be adding that sway bar, but after I get a lot more miles on mine to get a good feel. Only 300 miles so far. Thanks in advance.
    I drove it up on the ramps and did all the bolt removal while the machine was on the ramps, while on the ramp I pulled the swaybar out as far as I could to the left side of the machine, at that point I positioned the lift pad on the rectangular frame member behind the swaybar channel. You need to bring the machine up high enough so the bar can swing down clearing the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by papanorm View Post
    Weren’t you afraid your 900+ lb Spyder was going to fall on you? Looks precarious to me.
    Absolutely, and that's why I left the ramps in position while I lifted with the floor jack as the ramps would have allowed enough clearance in the event the machine came down. The Spyder was actually quite stable while up on the jack, but even so I reached in with my arm at ground level and positioned my upper body so that if the Spyder came down my body would have been clear.

Also note that only thing I did while the unit was up on the floor jack was slip out the old swaybar and slip in new swaybar, there was zero force exerted on the Spyder, I also tested the machines balance after lifting it several inches off the ramps, after that I knew it was stable and I proceeded with the lift and the process of the remove and replace.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MakoShark2 View Post
    Pretty nifty jack you've got there, how high you've got the Spyder in the air?
    You need to get the chin of the machine about 24" or 61cm above the deck, that allows the bar to swing down and the 90* bend to clear.

Spyder Garage

As much fun as you guys are having with the install...I thought I would mention we only charge a half hour labor to install bars purchased through us. Most other shops that sell these are in the same (low) range. If you do a few of them and have the right tools, they really are easy.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I drove it up on the ramps and did all the bolt removal while the machine was on the ramps, while on the ramp I pulled the swaybar out as far as I could to the left side of the machine, at that point I positioned the lift pad on the rectangular frame member behind the swaybar channel. You need to bring the machine up high enough so the bar can swing down clearing the ground.

Absolutely, and that's why I left the ramps in position while I lifted with the floor jack as the ramps would have allowed enough clearance in the event the machine came down. The Spyder was actually quite stable while up on the jack, but even so I reached in with my arm at ground level and positioned my upper body so that if the Spyder came down my body would have been clear.

Also note that only thing I did while the unit was up on the floor jack was slip out the old swaybar and slip in new swaybar, there was zero force exerted on the Spyder, I also tested the machines balance after lifting it several inches off the ramps, after that I knew it was stable and I proceeded with the lift and the process of the remove and replace.
    This is exactly how it should be done. Get all the preliminaries taken care of at a comfortable height. The time needed at maximum lift is very short and you only do 2 things. Remove the old bar and install the new one. Once that is done, lower the Spyder back down and complete the job. It is quite safe and easy when done correctly.

Well Done!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

This is how I did mine. Super easy on a car lift. Don't know why pics are sideways. I always take pics with phone upright.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Forget it.
    Last edited by Rattlebars; 06-21-2019 at 03:30 PM.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Answer me this Rattlebars; If things are so bad here, then why does a goodly portion of the world's population (including Canadians) come knocking on our doors, or sneak in?
    I will admit things were much better for many, including myself, before the ACA.

Spyder Garage

I can buy a sway bar for my 3/4 ton dodge diesel cheaper than for a spyder .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    This is how I did mine. Super easy on a car lift. Don't know why pics are sideways. I always take pics with phone upright.
    Isn't this cheating?

Spyder Garage

There are a few million dodge pickups. Economies of scale. And not much cheaper either. Cost of the steel is a very small portion of the cost.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    There are a few million dodge pickups. Economies of scale. And not much cheaper either. Cost of the steel is a very small portion of the cost.
    True. Material cost is a small fraction of total cost. Granted, a sway bar kit doesn't look like much. But there is quite a bit of labor that goes into it. BRP probably gets them made by the train car load in China. That's the way to do it. If you have the volume to support it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Isn't this cheating?
    Maybe. But it's a whole lot easier and a lot safer.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    Maybe. But it's a whole lot easier and a lot safer.
    Great! We'll all be at your house Saturday for a Sway Bar Install Party!