Spyder Garage

Default Love my new Lamonster LED lights

This is a big upgrade from stock. Not only can I see better, but it makes my machine look more upscale. It really looked stupid before with all the other LED's and these two eyesore yellowish pee colored lights.
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

One of the best upgrades out there!
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    This is a big upgrade from stock. Not only can I see better, but it makes my machine look more upscale. It really looked stupid before with all the other LED's and these two eyesore yellowish pee colored lights.
    I did the same thing a few weeks ago. Took a drive late at night, total darkness with no street lighting, WOW ! what a difference. Note: I made sure to clock the LED bulbs correctly in line with the reflectors. Had to install, check the alignment, remove, clock the LED's and reinstall. Well worth it. Never going back to halogen bulbs.
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLongRider View Post
    I did the same thing a few weeks ago. Took a drive late at night, total darkness with no street lighting, WOW ! what a difference. Note: I made sure to clock the LED bulbs correctly in line with the reflectors. Had to install, check the alignment, remove, clock the LED's and reinstall. Well worth it. Never going back to halogen bulbs.
    Howdy;

With all due respect - and I won't belabor the point beyond this; I've posted ample factual information already - but in reality you only Think you have improved things.

You have no real width; you have no uniformity; you have no real "throw"; you have no properly positioned hotspot (which governs distance). you have no true high beam, and you have a suboptimal color temperature. Your untrained eye is being deceived. This is all fact - and unarguable. I do not dispense BS. And all of it is readily corroborated if one chooses to do so.

"Clocking" is Junk Science - concocted by the faceless Chinglish minions who 'design', build and market these things. Ask yerself this: does an OEM/Philips/Sylvania/Osram H4 require clocking out of the box? Nupe. The factory bulb tabbed socket cutout-to-reflector alignment is already perfect - IF the LED bulb requires adjustment - Knowing it's going into an H4 application - it's already an epic failure. I won't even get started on their absolutely bogus Lux/Lumen output claims.

I'll bet you have nice bright foregound illumination right in front of the bike - many are fooled into thinking this represents an improvement - it does not. It's disastrous.

Post pics against a wall at night - use the same headlight aiming procedure as written in the manual for reference. Post a pic of yer massive night-vision-slaying foreground lighting. Compare that to images on the sites I previously posted.

To be clear - I'm trying to help/enlighten you - not beat you up. It is fact that most are not equipped or qualified to evaluate vehicle lighting improvements. I recognize I'm in the minority - but it does not deter me from trying. I can take the hate. And I do indeed care. Perhaps too much - it's something I'm passionate about.

Lastly - be aware that folks with RT's have factory (Halogen) projectors. These are totally different animals - and respond far differently to LED bulbs (usually for the better, but an HID capsule in those works even better - relatively speaking). Hence - a favourable review from those fellers does not necessarily map to F3's.

Eventually, the factory may holistically update their lighting systems. In the meantime, there is retrofitting (as I discussed in another thread).

Heck - I may even be coerced into building you a set - need some deep pockets though, lol. The cost of being absolutely blown away....

Best regards;
    E

Spyder Garage

Just did ours on our 2019 RT Saturday night along with the fog lights. All went well except for the left side fog light.....what a bearcat to get to.