Thread: First Lift

Spyder Garage

Default First Lift

Hello all,
    Any day now I’ll be receiving my J&S motorcycle lift with the Spyder adapter. First thing I’m going to do with it is change out the factory sway bar.
    But, before I lift our new RT up in the air for the first time is there anything that I need to be aware of?? (like sensors or anything else to worry about)
    Hate to cause damage to something right off the bat.....If you know what I mean.

Thanks in advance,
    P.W.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Make sure you have the release valve shut tight …… and use the strap over the saddle - it will save from a Disaster ….. also make sure you are ONLY lifting under the main frame, and not any exhaust pipes …..,.good luck …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks Mike!

Spyder Garage

Never work under a vehicle ( 1,000 lbs for a typical ) with out jack stands! 2 under the front suspension and a large support of some kind under the back wheel. Ever seen a car slip on a jack ????? It's not pretty and you're not going to lift it off your self.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Yep.....going to have something under all three wheels for safety!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by P.W. View Post
    Hello all,
    Any day now I’ll be receiving my J&S motorcycle lift with the Spyder adapter. First thing I’m going to do with it is change out the factory sway bar.
    But, before I lift our new RT up in the air for the first time is there anything that I need to be aware of?? (like sensors or anything else to worry about)
    Hate to cause damage to something right off the bat.....If you know what I mean.

Thanks in advance,
    P.W.
    Bevel cut a 2x6 about a foot long, drive left front wheel onto board, this will give the necessary clearance to roll jack under bike. Spyder adapter has a rubber locator pad that fits into a rectangular recess under bike, lock jack down and lift.

Spyder Garage

Yes you will need to roll up on something, I have a J&S and it will not roll under with out backing up on some cut wood. The J&S jack is very stable when the locking levers are in place I have climbed on top of my RT and rocked it quite a bit, however this does not negate the need for safety ensure you are using some jack stands. As other have said your jack will fit into a little rectangle (the rear of the jack). here is a link of some pictures I took. Here is link to a thread I made with pictures https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...26amp%3BS+Jack
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info about the board!
    Thought the jack would be here this week....... not! It's been over a month since I ordered it and no sign of it.
    They keep telling me it's going to ship anytime.....I guess I'll just have to wait.

P.W.

Spyder Garage

Just bought a Pitbull Foot and Air Assisted Motorcycle Lift for more than 1/2 off price, locally from FB Marketplace. Great lift, great price, and I was lucky to find a hardly preowned one within 3 miles of home. It's very sturdy and stabile but the advice to use front jack stands and rear support is so important. 1,000 lbs is quite heavy.
    2019 F3T , Oversized Brake Pedal Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Got this one from Harbor Freight. Rated 1500 lbs and fit perfect under the RTL. $99.00.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 RT Limited "Blondie"

Spyder Garage

I just got my J&S Jack today (Harley Trike and Can Am Adapter) - took almost a month! Well worth it though!