Spyder Garage

Question ECU Tuners in North Carolina ?

I want to ECU Tune now (2016 RT ) .. Anyone in North Carolina do it ?

Also whats the cost to get this done ?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Last I heard ….$399.00 stage #1 ….. and the closest to you is Louisiana ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Wick-It Performance in Louisiana. They promise 24 hour turnaround time. You can pay for overnight shipping both ways if you want. Did mine a few months ago. Worth every penny.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

" Worth every penny." Yes, Yes it is!
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MadCanAm View Post
    I want to ECU Tune now (2016 RT ) .. Anyone in North Carolina do it ?

Also whats the cost to get this done ?
    Keep me updated on when you are ready to send this out. I am in Apex, and plan on sending my F3T out for a flash also.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Pardon my ignorance but what is ECU tuning and what gets tuned?

Spyder Garage

I going to find out tomorrow

ps hit me up i like to find someone to ride with

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ricford View Post
    The ECU is the Engine Control Unit, (sometimes called ECM for Engine Control Module) but regardless of what it's called, it is the little black box that controls the way the engine runs, by varying ignition timing, injection timing & quantity, lean/rich operation, anti-pinging, and a whole bunch more.

BRP uses a pretty conservative 'tune' for the factory settings for Spyders & Rykers, & 'tuning the ECU' or if you prefer, 'ECU tuning' is simply the process by which a knowlegeable/skilled operator can upgrade &/or improve the default factory settings to make the engine do more of what the ryder wants! An upgrade can be mild or wild, and they can even be just as reliable due to BRP's conservative tune for the Spyders & the Rykers, while the same engines on other BRP products use 'tunes' that provide significantly more power & performance without any or at least any significant reliability concerns.

There are some cheap & nasty 'tunes' out there, and there are some dodgy operators around the place too, but those reputable operators discussed & mentioned most often here on this Forum are amongst the better operators with reliable & useable tunes for your Spyder or Ryker. You might want to think twice about buying a 'tune' off a relatively unknown operator on the internet without the recommendations that the operators here have - some of the cheap downloadable tunes that are applied solely thru the OBD port come from operators who are, umm, let's just say 'less than well aquainted with the truth & who have little concern for your Spyder/Ryker's continued operation beyond the payment for their product!' In the ECU Tuning game, it really does seem to be a case of 'you get what you pay for!'
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I'm sure many others will chime in on this one but here goes:

The ECU ( electronic control unit ) is the brains of a modern motor. It controls MANY things, much of it from information gathered from MANY sensors. ECU tuning includes: when and how much the throttle opens; when the cooling fans turn on and off; maximum RPM; boot up procedure;fuel injector timing; Ignition timing ( advance) and many other possible adjustments. I believe Can Am's ECU programming did NOT allow the throttle plate to open fully, the new tune does. Fuel injector on time ( in milliseconds ) can be increased at particular RPMs. It must be at the lean end of just enough in stock form. A few more degrees of ignition advance can make a difference ( it can also cause detonation thus a requirement for highest octane fuel for stage 2 with more advance).

I'm sure there is more but that's in in a nut shell. Others will fill in I'm sure.

We are all pleased with our ECU flash. Its the best bang for the $$. Horse power is not cheap and the anything after a couple of percent gets expensive.

Lew L

Well Peter--- ya beat me to it. I'll bet Ric understands now.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MadCanAm View Post
    I going to find out tomorrow

ps hit me up i like to find someone to ride with
    Sure thing, I am always up for a good ride. Going for our annual mountain trip this week. I will pm you some information and my number.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Default Stag 1 vs. Stag 2

Sounds like stage 1 will allow you to still use regular gas for just touring. But that Stage 2 requires premium all the time or can you just use premium when you want to get the most performance out of you machine. Is that correct. 2013RTL has a knock sensor.
    Can Am 2013 RTL SE5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

y would u not want whats best for your ride all the time ?

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info on ECU. Yes Lew, I do understand now. I'm just wondering why I have never once seen it mentioned here. But doesn't mean it wasn't, I just missed it. I'm game for the upgrade. It seems we have one in Shreveport. I watched their youtube video on flashing the CanAm 4 wheel machine. Really impressive. I have been disappointed with the throttle response once I reach 70 or so. There isn't any per se except that it does eventually speed up. Sounds like something to do. Why not, I've done everything else...
    Thanks again.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info on ECU. Yes Lew, I do understand now. I'm just wondering why I have never once seen it mentioned here. But doesn't mean it wasn't, I just missed it. I'm game for the upgrade. It seems we have one in Shreveport. I watched their youtube video on flashing the CanAm 4 wheel machine. Really impressive. I have been disappointed with the throttle response once I reach 70 or so. There isn't any per se except that it does eventually speed up. Sounds like something to do. Why not, I've done everything else...
    Thanks again.
    youre going to love it...and whats nice...youre close their shop..