Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default I think I can, I think I can

I’m on schedule to get my first over 200 mile tank of fuel on my Ryker Rally 900. I have 167.5 on the odometer and atonomaty (sp) says I have 35 miles left. Set for 202.5 miles cueman

Spyder Garage

I used to get well over 700 miles per tankful in my 1998 VW Jetta TDI turbodiesel (my son still drives it at 270K miles). Could go from Orlando to Nashville on one tankful. Sure wish the 600 lb. Ryker with almost 1/2 the HP and a fraction of the torque gets anywhere near the 55 MPG I used to get!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wish that I would win the Lottery.............
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

I get about 30 mpg in my 900 which always in sport mode (I can’t help it lol
    ). My wife’s 600 gets around 45 ish or better. My Audi if I’m not building boost like an idiot will get 30 plus! I have a car that gets like 11 mpg ��

Spyder Garage

Well did you???

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It has been really wet around here and by the forecast for this week, rain every day but Friday. I’ll let you know this coming Friday. cueman

Spyder Garage

Here is my gas milage with a full tank when I left the dealer. The first tank is not a fill up.
    Tank #1 92 mi. put in 2.50 gal. for 36.8 mpg. In brake in mode.
    Tank #2 158.4 Miles put in 3.7 gal. for 42.81 About half of tank in break in mode.
    Tank #3 170.0 Miles put in 4.45 gal. for 38.20 mpg. Most my driving is 2 lane highway from 40 to 55 mph.
    Tank #4 187.0 miles put in 4.60 gal. for 40.65 mpg.

By the way, this is a 600cc Ryker. All fuel has been 91 0ctane. I'm going to get a good average at 91 Octane than switch to 87 octane and see if there is a difference.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey folks, it worked out to 198 miles to full tank and I only have 1,5xx miles. When it really gets broke in I hope for more. 37.69 mpg. 900 Rally

Spyder Garage

While you thought you could, I actually did.

201.2 miles; 5.63 gallons ( Actually more than stated capacity) . 35.7 miles to the gallon.

I have a Ryker Rally edition with 3200 miles on the meter.

Use of tank was a good mixture of city, back roads and interstate.

I attribute this incredible achievement to very good alignment from the factory, Shell Rotella T6 full synthetic oil and Exxon 87 octane fuel.

Most amazingly, the autonomy feature was quite accurate. Before autonomy went blank, it's stated 30 miles yet in the tank. My odometer at that time was 170 miles. That's pretty impressive!

Spyder Garage

RykerUsa
    What mode were you in to get that mileage?

Spyder Garage

Tank mileage will very from tank to tank and from day to day. This is do to the many variables that one may encounter. I would not be to worried about that particular subject...unless you are going on a trip when the gas stations are few and far between.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Normal mode (not eco)

Spyder Garage

Fuel consumption is totally related to the speed at which you drive and the load (weight, gradient and wind speed and direction) on the machine.

One other factor is the amount of throttle input and how you maintain throttle input. Speeding up to keep up with traffic uses more fuel than holding a constant speed, and many people are constantly opening and closing the throttle, even just a little, to maintain speed, which increases fuel consumption as well.

The most relevant factor, though, is the speed at which you drive. 45 to 55 mph will be the most economical, reasonable speed if conditions allow, but 35 to 40 might be even better if you can hold a constant speed or throttle position.

Keep an eye on the rev counter - the lower the revs the less fuel you will use, always. The CVT means that with just a little increased throttle at lower speeds (under 65 or so) the motor speeds up as if it is in a lower gear to help acceleration. This uses more fuel.

When slowing for a light learn to back the throttle off early - not all the way, just a little to let you slow down gradually. Any time you use the brakes to slow you are wasting fuel.

You can use the Average Fuel Consumption indication as a rough guide to instantaneous fuel consumption by resetting it frequently and holding whatever throttle position you choose for some distance, say a 1/4 or 1/2 mile. It will be especially useful if you do this while slowing gradually using light throttle, since you will see the average fuel consumption go right down once you get the hang of it.

Have fun
    Aprilia Mana 850GT, 1988 BMW K75S, Piaggio MP3 400 (sold), Moto Guzzi Nevada 750 (modified), Puch (Sears Allstate SR175), 2010 Honda Insight Hybrid

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Got me a 200 mile one tank trip cueman

Spyder Garage

U da man!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Trevor G., I see that you have a 850GT Mana, I had one as well and really enjoyed it. I can see sometime Can Am adding a similar ECU controlled CVT transmission to as an option to the Spyder Line. The pulleys are controlled by the computer, more sophisticated belt drive CVT tranny than the Ryker has. Loved the paddle shifter on the Mana. BTW lived in Mesa before moving up to Show Low for 16 years.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L