Spyder Garage

Default Thinking of selling silver and going Phantom kit

I did a search but didn't find too much info after somebody bought them. I have silver right know and thinking of selling the silver panels and going with the matte black. Anyone that has them can you tell me if they are really hard to keep clean. I use the honda spray on my current silver ones and it works great, but I read where BRP says only use soap and water? Anyone know of a good deal on the phantom kit?

thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by czdaryle View Post
    I did a search but didn't find too much info after somebody bought them. I have silver right know and thinking of selling the silver panels and going with the matte black. Anyone that has them can you tell me if they are really hard to keep clean. I use the honda spray on my current silver ones and it works great, but I read where BRP says only use soap and water? Anyone know of a good deal on the phantom kit?

thanks
    I was thinking the same but I do not believe all the panels are a matte black. I think some are still the loss as well. Does not look as good. IMHO

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I really liked mine for the 4 days I had it....

It does show oily handprints on the matte surfaces, but they wipe off easily. Whenever State Farm pays mine off I'll buy another Phantom.
    John

2010 Spyder RT-S
    2010 Yamaha vMax
    2009 Yamaha vMax Dragbike, 284 RWHP 171# RWTQ
    2004 Yamaha vMax Supercharged
    1993 Yamaha GTS1000
    1999 Shelby Series 1 Supercharged
    1969 Camaro 502/T56
    1967 Shelby TransAm Mustang
    1966 427 Shelby Street Cobra
    1965 289 Shelby Street Cobra
    1965 427 Shelby Comp Cobra
    1964 289 Shelby Comp Cobra
    Way Too Many Others

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by czdaryle View Post

thanks
    Lemon Pledge gives it a bit of gloss. It's what i use on mine. Hint: If you're thinking of painting it gloss black (like I did), don't waste your money on the Phantom kit. I wasted $1000
    In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God. God looked down upon Ireland and said "Damn, I'm good!"

2009 POW*MIA SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by irish2themax View Post
    Lemon Pledge gives it a bit of gloss. It's what i use on mine. Hint: If you're thinking of painting it gloss black (like I did), don't waste your money on the Phantom kit. I wasted $1000
    why did you paint them? didn't like the matte?