Thread: BRP Recalls

Spyder Garage

Default BRP Recalls

It seems like some dealer do not understand what a recall is. Recall are issued if a SAFETY issue arise. And only SAFETY issues when required by the National Transportation Safety Board.
    When I went to the dealer, sometime ago, to have the firmware update, the first thing I heard from him was that he checked the VIN and saw no recall. I had to explain to the tech that it was not a safety issue, therefore no recall. They did the update after much discussion.
    Yesterday, I dropped my RT at the same dealer (unfortunately the closest from my house) due to issue with the shift lever. I got a call this morning telling me that they did not see a RECALL based on the VIN number. Once again, explaining that they will not find a recall because it is not a safety issue. The bike is under warranty and they will fix as soon as the part gets in.
    I REALLY WONDER WHO TRAIN THESE PEOPLE DEALING WITH OUR 30K BIKE?
    2018 RT Limited "Blondie"

Spyder Garage

2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Did you take a look at the Dealer Locator app? It shows the shops and their certification for Can-Am. I will be going further away to have mine serviced by a Platinum Certified dealer vs the Silver Certified that is closer to me.

https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/dealer-locator.html
    2019 F3-T , Monolithic Black

Spyder Garage

THERE IS NO TRAINING, just look around

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Purplebaby1216 View Post
    Did you take a look at the Dealer Locator app? It shows the shops and their certification for Can-Am. I will be going further away to have mine serviced by a Platinum Certified dealer vs the Silver Certified that is closer to me.

https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/dealer-locator.html
    In the past, dealer levels were discussed here. If still as it was, much of the rating is based on sales, not service or customer satisfaction after the sale. Best to find a quality tech, regardless of dealer rating.

Spyder Garage

Default Gotta be specific.....

There seems to be the need to be specific with them.... there are:
    service bulletins...
    warranty bulletins....
    software updates....
    Recalls... and maybe some others. Never checked but would think that if you punch in the vin # at the dealer all should come up....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    In the past, dealer levels were discussed here. If still as it was, much of the rating is based on sales, not service or customer satisfaction after the sale. Best to find a quality tech, regardless of dealer rating.
    Oh! Good to know!
    2019 F3-T,
    Detachable Passenger Backrest, Passenger Armrests.

2019 F3-T , Monolithic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Gee Bigmo - you must drive all the way to the Hunter Valley in Australia to the dealership where I bought my RTL and I no longer visit - there can't possibly be two dealerships in the world that bad
    2017 RTL , White